PDA

View Full Version : New on DPAD

Lagu
04-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Hallo!

I have now change from F@H to DPAD. This for to help my friends to hold the stats or perhaps move a step up. I must say, this software is so mych different to all other I have run. I am running this in the background and it is a little unfamilyar for me. Hovewer it works and this is moore important than sit behind the PC and stirr. :cool:

I hope my name will show up when the result will be sent back. I think it will be interresting to compare this with other project I have been running before.

Lagu :)

Empty_5oul
04-23-2005, 07:50 PM
we are getting closer to team TNT in this aswell.

Lagu
04-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Hallo

I wonder, will I lose the task if I close DPAD or if my processor suddenly is shutting down?

JackindBox
04-24-2005, 04:23 PM
as long as you havent changed the config.txt file,Lagu, then DPAD autosaves and you will not lose the work unit.
you may lose like 2 or 3 minutes of work on it.....but say you are 50% done and you reboot..it will restart at 50% done

Lagu
04-24-2005, 07:29 PM
as long as you havent changed the config.txt file,Lagu, then DPAD autosaves and you will not lose the work unit.
you may lose like 2 or 3 minutes of work on it.....but say you are 50% done and you reboot..it will restart at 50% done

Thank you JackinBox. I have read somewere that I chould lose the wu, but now i know.

Lagu
04-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Hallo.

I have take a look on the topic of DPAD in our forum, but there is wery little to get any help from.

In this evening my first wu of DPAD was done but the task wont connect the server. It is still on my hard disc so now I'm running F@H instead.

I have join Stephenbrook forum and post a message about my trouble and I hope I will have a answer tomorrow. I should join AMD Users there.

Lagu :cry:

AMDave
04-24-2005, 09:49 PM
if the "results.txt" file is over 25Kb you should have enough to run the "manualsend". That will force an update to the server. But it will not run if there is not enough results in the results file.

Also, the CLI, GUI and background clients use different auto-save files. So if you run the GUI version for a while and then switch to the background or CLI version, the work done in each is not accumulated. It will wait until you run that client again. Stick with one client version and you will see the "results.txt" file grow.

The client default is to post around 12 hourly.

vaughan
04-25-2005, 01:17 AM
Lagu: the way to join AMD Users in DPAD is to have a file in your Muon sub-directory called user.txt Create this using Notepad not Word. It must be in this form:
[AMD Users]yourname

Substitute "Lagu" for "yourname".

This is how Stephenbrooks' stats can tell which team you are working for.

Personally, I use the Cmd line and not the background or GUI versions as I like to see what the application is up to. I have created 2 shortcuts to my Windows desktop. One starts the Muon1_cmdline.bat file. When I've had enough I can kill the DOS box with Ctrl-C, Y. The other is a shortcut to manualsend.bat to report the results. As AMDave said you need at least 10k of data in the results file and it tries to autosend about every 12 hours.

Lagu
04-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Hallo AMDave and Vaughan
I have post this in Stepenbrooks

Hallo David Gould and Boots and other
Thank you for your engagement

I don’t have (autocli.sav) and autogfx.save) nor sendlog.log either.
I have expanded all files with Winrar to C:\\program files but I can only find a folder named Lattie where two readme files are. Not any DPAD folder. Can I have got a corrupt version?
I have V441F. I'm also using broadband 2 Mbits.

I can tell that I’m now running in the background. The (screensaver was only there when the task should be send)
It seems as I got trouble. Tonight when I was looking at task manager the Moun1 client was not there and the usage had fall down. I was thinking the WU has been done, so I restarted my PC and downloaded an upgrade of another program. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I open the program/files and clicked on Moun1 to se what as happen. Suddenly a frame opened and, a figure like the accelerator was showing. It begins to send a small bit of the WU. (It was who I think was the screensaver). I had 1.76 MB to send and the processor begin to calculate again. I was sitting behind and stir on this frame to see what happen, if it should send the WU rapidly. However it was a mistake. It calculate I don’t know how long because I must go to bed. 7 o’clock this morning it was done and I had got a new WU. I am not sure. I don’t understand this. It has early been sent 236 b of 1.76 MB. I don’t understand why calculate begin again if it already has been done before. The whole time I was sitting and stir it send as I write here: Sending 74/1, 74/2 and so on up to 74/10. After this a new calculation began.
When I checked my points in AMD Users I couldn’t find my name. It seems also as the WU not was sending every 5 minutes. I don’t know if I have done a WU under the day who not is send. Where is the moderator? Need he not read what peoples post? I think he can see if there is any trouble because my score not has appeared, but the work has been sent.

I hope anyone can tell me what is wrong. When 1.76 MB is waiting to be sent it will stop me from to use my computer. It should be better if 100 b is sent every 5 minutes and why begin my PC to calculate again? Can the whole process been interrupted when I restarted the computer?

All help will be highly appreciated.

Lagu

I have tried to manualsend the work in afternoon, but get this message:
Muon1 error
[Fatal] Failed to delete result out of non existent queque
Muon1 message
Could not send results. An FTP connestion with a server could not be established. I noticed when I should send that i several times say: No connection.
I have a 1.910 kb large results file to send. I fail to send every 5 minuts why the file grov up to this zise for my first wu.

I have write [AMD Users]Lagu in the config file and is running the WU in the background. This startup was moore difficult than I could think.

Lagu :?

vaughan
04-26-2005, 12:10 AM
Lagu my files went in a sub-directory called Muon. I cannot recall if I created this and expanded the zip'ed in here or if it got created when I installed Muon / Dpad - it was a long time ago!

It doesn't matter. Get the v441f.zip file from the Stephenbrooks site (it is located near the rar version you downloaded) and unzip it to a new folder (make one called Muon or Dpad, whatever you like). It will create the sub-directories \datafiles \lattices \samplefiles
so the directory tree looks like this"
c:\muon\v441f
c:\muon\v441f\datafiles
c:\muon\v441f\lattices
c:\muon\v441f\samplefiles

Create your user.txt file using Notepad. It contains only this:
[AMD Users]lagu

Run the muon1_cmdline.bat file
It will download some files from the Stephenbrooks site then start calculating. You will see the autosave file get created automatically after a few minutes according to the config.txt file. Mine is 240 seconds. Using Windows Explorer you can see the results file growing as it
completes each run. WHen this file is 10Kb or larger you can stop the Cmdline (Ctrl-C, then Y) and run manualsend.bat (also from Windows Explorer).

Enjoy :!:

Lagu
04-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Vaughan

I am right now using cmd.exe and it is adding 12 WU already will add more and more whish is autosaved. It must be a wery large job to crunch. Beamline has 280 units. 2 Muon 1 is running in the task bar 1 use 48% 1 use 52%. I not know I have a hypertreading AMD

Lagu

vaughan
04-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Huh? I don't understand this. Do you mean you have 2 instances running from the same Muon folder?

Lagu
04-26-2005, 08:08 AM
Vaughan

I understand if yuo have been confused. :)

No I have 2 Muon1 in the task manager when i was downloading the WU. I must go to bed and 8 o'clock it continues to download WU's so I stopped this. In the config file it stands max 3 files but I have got moore than so. I will se what happen. I tried to send the results but I got a message who say the server is currently offline.

I must have twisted eyes. Today morning I remowe all files and expanded it again in the folder C:\\Muon1\datafiles\latties\samplefiles.
Should start Muon1, a window appeared who say I must create a file with my username so I did so. The first time I start Muon 1 it create this file self in Notepad. I need not create “Datafiles and Samplefiles” only Muon1. I must have missed any files because I got an Excel file (21.295 lines long) with data. I never had this before, only an Excel files with different hosts to send the results to. When I should begin to crunch the task appeared as a screensaver. I quit it and begin to run it in cmd line mode. I had not understand that when I started running this tonight it was the working process who was showed there when I have download a new task because it continue to run in the morning. I remove this and begin from start. If it only was new tasks that had been a download over night, I should have 100 MB of work units I think.
Now I will se if it will work properly.

Lagu

AMDave
04-26-2005, 08:10 AM
Lagu,

from your message it appears that the first install did not go correctly, but it should work now. Let us know how it goes for you.

AMDave

Lagu
04-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Yes AMDave

I will report how it goes. You can be sure on it.

Lagu :lol:

Lagu
04-26-2005, 11:26 AM
This is from Stephenbrooks

Nice explain

Originally posted by Boots:
Hi Lagu again, OK, some more info for you....When you unrar the file V441f.rar you should have a folder V441F showing files.
config.txt - config_net.bat - config_nonet.bat - font.dat - fontsmall.dat - manualsend.bat - muno1.exe - muon1.scr - muon1_background.exe - muon1_cmdline.bat - readme.txt - viewresults.exe with two folders named lattices and datafiles.

If you run the muon1_cmdline.bat a window will popup and on the top line will ask you for the name you wish to be called. Mine is Boots[OCAU], Boots is my name and [OCAU]is the team I belong. This will generate a user.txt file. This file is used to identefy you. Hit enter and all should be Ok.

After the first unit in completed, a file results.dat and results.txt will show, when the file results.txt is above 10K it will be sent, unless you edit the config.txt file and set Auto-send results to No. Then say once a week, you then Manualsend (manualsend,bat) this uploads the data from results.txt and show you a file sendlog.log. See how you go!
Boots

Lagu :D

Lagu
04-26-2005, 03:46 PM
AMDave and Vaughan

Thank you both for awaked me :!: When I get advice of the mapps, It give me the idea of reload all files. First I create an empty map and expanded all files to this map. All in DPAD is so different compared with other project so I got paralysed. It seems as it use DOS but Win XP have not DOS itself.

I'm now running in cmd mode and it works well. The only who can fail is the connection to the hosts.

Lagu
04-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Hallo

I will ask: Say that a DPAD results will be 2 MB when done. If I sent 50 KB many times, the total score don't show up before I have sent the whole workunit? Am I right or wrong?

Lagu :?:

Lagu
04-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Hallo!

I nou understand why I's better to use manualsend than autosend. When autosend is set to "Y" Muon1 tried to send the results manu times and I lost calculating times because there is 10 servers who Muon1 try to send through. It takes many minutes every time.
I don't understand why my work not will be sent. It fail the whole time. The host close the connestion and after the last server it say that it is currently offline.
I have 4 workunits to send. Anyone who run DPAD? How work it for you when you will send a WU?

vaughan
04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Keep trying. Sometimes I have had the manualsend try all 10 servers and fail. I let it complete another task and wait until the next task has completed its first checkpoint at 4 minutes. I then stop it and manually run the manualsend.bat and see if it is OK now. This has worked for me, but then I don't run DPAD / MUON1 that much.

Lagu
04-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Hallo

Now I’m so frustrated so I don’t know what to do. I have sent an E-mail to Stephen Brooks but never got an answer. Also tried do talk with him by Internet Yahoo where he stands as “online”. When I will send a message he is offline??? I have read in stephenbrooks forum, he has E-mailed the hosts user and ask them what is going on 26 April. When I tried to manuelsend I fail every time. One host netze.serverftp.net is unknown. I can see this:
ftp> Muon1
Invalid command
I must say, DPAD is the worst project I ever run. With other words: All is bad, upload is difficult and the service is 0. I have run it for 4 days now and my name [AMD Users]Lagu is not there yet. I will stop running it until they has got everything to work. Other project is a dream compared with this old horse that nearly can’t go.
I shall continue with F@H. I thank God for this easy run where everything will work. This project is a beautiful woman, soft, kind and sexy

Lagu :cry: :lol:

Beerknurd
04-29-2005, 03:29 PM
This project is a beautiful woman, soft, kind and sexy

Lagu :cry: :lol:

I always felt that way about Ubero.....

Empty_5oul
04-29-2005, 05:05 PM
stick with what works, different programs click with different people.

carlos
04-29-2005, 06:09 PM
This is a step by step DPAD installation:

Download page:

http://www.stephenbrooks.org/muon1/

Windows Client:

http://www.stephenbrooks.org/muon1/v441f.rar

Setup the client:

1º - Extract the files into a folder
2º - Create a user.txt file with notepad and add the following line:

[AMD Users]lagu

3º - Open config.txt and setup the client options.

Resolution: 1024x768
Priority for background running ("N"ormal, "L"ow, "B"ackground): B
Threads (number or 'auto'): auto
Auto-send results ([Y]es, [N]o): N
Auto-save interval (seconds; 0 for no save): 240
Rechecks for best-so-far results (min. 5): 5
Use passive (PASV) mode for FTP transfers: N
Download sample results file after a number of days (0=don't): 3
Sample file URL: http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/samplefiles/{lattice}_100.txt
FTP command call: ftp -s:script.ftp
Update lattice files from web every N hours (0=don't): 12
Use old FTP calling method (as pre-v4.34; can hang, but more compatible with ZoneAlarm): N
TrialType ratios: Mutate=3;Crossover=3;Interpolate=3;Extrapolate=3;M
uSpherical=3;MuOne=3;Extreme=1;LocalGrad=3;TopoSmo
oth=2;
Particles per extra thread (limits threading overhead): 100

4º - Run the client using muon1_cmdline.bat or muon1_background.exe. First one will run DPAD under a DOS box and the last one hidden, check taskmanager.

5º - If you have auto-send results off you have to send them manually using manualsend.bat.
The results are recorded in a file called results.txt.

6º - Stats pages:

http://www.stephenbrooks.org/muon1/?hide=1&teams=1
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=dpad&team=AMD+Users
http://dpad.tastats.com/team_stats.php

7º - Have fun!

Carlos

Ototero
04-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks for helping Lagu, Carlos.

Let's see if it works for him. I must admit, I never got it to transmit anything so I gave up.

Dhep is now my baby.

carlos
04-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Thanks for helping Lagu, Carlos.

Let's see if it works for him. I must admit, I never got it to transmit anything so I gave up.

Dhep is now my baby.

Your welcome.

DHEP is your baby but my worst nightmare. I can't run it because of that stupid java error.

Carlos

Lagu
04-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Thank you Carlos

I have tried all what you say and my config file is as you show it. I use CMD-line. It is the upload who fails. No auto-send. Use manualsend. I don't know if it affect AMD prosessors only or if it is likely for Intel?
I'm running F@H instead right now.

carlos
04-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Lagu,

Try the Version 4.41"g" debugging EXE (http://www.stephenbrooks.org/muon1/v441g_debugexe.rar).

Carlos

vaughan
04-30-2005, 12:10 AM
Thanks for helping Carlos.

Lagu you are not alone. I have had problems with sending results to DPAD using both Intel P4 and AMD XP cpus. It fixed itself when I stopped for a week or so and then tried again.

In DPAD's defence as a project I believe that Stephen Brooks runs it on his own. This would be a very large job to maintain and develop a project with thousands of participants.

NVM
04-30-2005, 07:52 PM
DPAD....good stuff!http://members.shaw.ca/northvanmike/ninja.gif

http://members.shaw.ca/northvanmike/dpicpost.jpg

Lagu
05-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Hallo

I have tried to send the results to DPAD but I got a window who say "Muon1 reports that results.txt does not exist". I have done 562 genomes and have four different txt file as this:

20050426-123256-QRX56-[AMD_Users]Lagu.txt. Size: 47 KB

I wounder what this is such a file? Is it a file who will be sent or be chrunched?

I shows that the host is offline so any etablishment can't be done. They should fix the server this week. When I join our team I wrote: [AMD Users] not [AMD_Users]. Is nothing wrong with the password?

Anyone who have a comments it would be highly appriciated

carlos
05-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Lagu,

First go to your user.txt file and change the nick to [AMD Users]Lagu

Make a backup of the entire DPAD folder. Next create a new results.txt file and copy the entire content of those (2005blblablaLagu.txt) ones to the results.txt. Or you can rename them one by one to results.txt and try to send them but I think you first have to delete those 2005blblablaLagu.txt files.

If the server is down rename them to results1.txt, results2.txt, etc, and wait for the server to be up. Move them to a backup folder, do not DELETE THEM.
Those 2005blblaLagu.txt files were created when you tried to send the results without success. They are still good to send.

If the server is up move the results1.txt to your DPAD folder, rename it to results.txt and send it. Move the results2.txt to your DPAD folder, rename it to results.txt and send it. Etc.

Cheers,

Carlos

Lagu
05-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Thank you Carlos.

I will try it if I can but I will wait to next week to see if the host is working. The problems is that all four files has their ovn notepad file. I can not copy these files in a new Notepad-file. I have tried but fail.

Lagu

carlos
05-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Thank you Carlos.

I will try it if I can but I will wait to next week to see if the host is working. The problems is that all four files has their ovn notepad file. I can not copy these files in a new Notepad-file. I have tried but fail.

Lagu

What about renaming the files?

Carlos

Lagu
05-04-2005, 05:24 PM
I have not rename yet. I must ponder how to all you has write. I am awaiting my sister 's family so I can't be concentrate.

Lagu

AMDave
05-05-2005, 10:00 AM
I have not seen those files in the directory.
I must be lucky - my uploads are set to auto and they must have worked every time.

But Carlos's instruction has definitely fixed it.

Welcome to the DPAD stats, Lagu.
Straight into 8th in the Team.
That was a nice push you gave us too.

Lagu
05-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Carlos and AMDave

It has definitivly got wrong before. I had not the results.txt file in my directory. I created a new, open the wrong named file and copy and paste it in the new results.txt file and save this. Then I try to send it through manualsend and yes, it works. I did so one after one so all four files get uploaded. I hawe checked the stats page and at last I'm there.

I will thank Carlos for his deeply engagement.
Thank you AMDave for welcome me!

NVM
05-06-2005, 02:15 AM
jeez...phew.... damn, this was painful.

Ok , come catch us now.... :P

Lagu
05-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Hello

I wonder how many actually is running DPAD? Yesterday I add 172 points to our stats and today it is still the same. It seem be my lot to be alone and near alone whatever I choose. I can’t say I’m helping my friends if no other is running the same project. :!: I can’t do as many of you and run many projects from time to time. I have been told AMDave need some assistance in DPAD but I can ask myself if it was so good idea. If we begin to crunch on a project and then stop or leave this project, we newer will go up or catch any team. It is as a woman does when they is sewing. First, they start with a new cloth. After a while, they are tired on it and begin to sew another cloth. The first cloth will newer be finished. It is not common we guys are as a woman or are we? :lol:

Ototero
05-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Lagu, there is only a small team doing this at the mo. Probably, because we are not under threat, the resources may have been place elsewhere.