PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 2

BoostedIntegra
11-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Ok I need help. I'm trying to connect my ps2 to the internet through my ethernet card. I use a usb wireless adaptor so its free. How in the hell do I set it up? I've tried bridging the connections and all that crap. :evil: any ideas?

Jeff
11-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Try here:
http://www.us.playstation.com/support.aspx?id=installation/networkadaptor/415013905.html
or here:
http://www.scea.com/Content/peripherals/SCPH-10281/productinfo/default.html

jlangner
11-13-2003, 09:48 PM
Found this:

Internet Connection Sharing
Internet Connection Sharing- You have a broadband enabled PC and wish to get your PlayStation hooked up on the same connection. Internet Connection Sharing is a feature of the later versions of Windows, allowing you to connect through an Internet enabled PC, using a home network arrangement. Configuring your Internet PC to share its connection with other PC's on the home network. This method of connection is ideal if you already have a PC that is Broadband enabled, using a USB or PCI modem. Your PC will need a spare network port and a cross-over type Ethernet cable. Although it is usually cheaper than buying a Router, remember that you will need your PC switched on and connected to the Internet whenever you wish to play online with your PlayStation 2.

Quick Guide for Internet Connection Sharing. You will need:
PlayStation 2 +TV
Memory Card (8Mb)
Network Adaptor (Ethernet)
Network Access Disc
Windows Installation Disc (If you need to install Internet Connection Sharing)
One straight through CAT5 network cable
One cross-over network cable
Ethernet-based ADSL modem
A computer that is equipped with 2 Ethernet ports (possibly through the installation of one or two Network Interface Cards)

1. Make sure that your PlayStation 2, ADSL modem and computer are switched off.

2. Connect the straight-through cable to your ADSL modem (via the LAN port). Connect the other end to one of your PC's Ethernet ports.

3. Take your cross-over cable; connect one end to your second free Ethernet port in your PC. The other end of the cross-over cable connects to your PlayStation 2 Network Adaptor.
Note: The standard Ethernet cable that ships with ADSL modems are the Straight-through variety. This type of cable is not suitable for connecting your PC to your PS2.

4. Switch on your ADSL modem

5.Switch on your PC

6.Before you can setup your PlayStation 2 for Internet access, you need to make sure that your PC can access the Internet, then to make sure that Internet Connection Sharing is enabled. If Internet Connection Sharing is not enabled you may need your Windows Installation disk in order to activate it. There is a separate guide to setting up Internet Connection Sharing here.

7. Turn on your PlayStation 2 and insert the Network Access Disc.

8. Follow the on-screen setup instructions; refer to your Network Access Disc manual if you have any problems.

Note: With Internet Connection Sharing you can only access the Internet with your PlayStation 2 if your PC is on and connected to the Internet. If your ADSL connection is being used by both your PC and your PlayStation 2, both may suffer from slower than expected connectivity because they are sharing the same limited bandwidth.

print this page

jlangner
11-13-2003, 09:51 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.f9.net.uk/supportpages.html?GflUZxDDx4c%3D&Example_Session=356f5fb64acdfbb8c756e31f9d1e9bc0