PDA

View Full Version : Runnning DF

Anonymous
11-15-2003, 02:32 AM
I ran DF LAST night, how do my stats look now? I am not not counted so i can run DF more now.... :D

vaughan
11-15-2003, 06:54 AM
One of my computers is unable to auto-update from protein 64 to the current 108. When I went to the df site it has changed. I don't know how to d/l a new version now. Anyone able to assist? (Both Mandrake 9.0 Linux and Windows XP Home are unable to update and the new site is horrible - cannot locate anything on it in either Operating System.)

Tumppi
11-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Here's the dl page:
http://www.blueprint.org/proteinfolding/distributedfolding/distfold_download.html

Windoze text client:
ftp://ftp.mshri.on.ca/pub/distribfold/download/distribfold-current-win9x.zip

Linux text client:
ftp://ftp.mshri.on.ca/pub/distribfold/download/distribfold-current-linux-i386-icc.tar.gz

Bionic_Redneck
11-15-2003, 02:12 PM
I am having same problem with updating my clients. I haven't checked all the machines but have over 12,000 generation sitting wasting hdd space that won't upload. If this continues and can't upload I am going to be really pissed.

Bionic_Redneck
11-15-2003, 02:16 PM
http://www.blueprint.org/proteinfolding/distributedfolding/server.status

Anonymous
11-15-2003, 03:37 PM
ii had a problem findign the download page too at first. The trick is you have to click on Distributed foldign then DOWNLOAD, not the other way around ;) !

vaughan
11-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Says server is down for maintenance - same as yesterday. Must be some helluva maintenance :evil:

Bionic_Redneck
11-15-2003, 11:24 PM
I found the problem. When they switched web address dsn didn't resolve yet or something like that. I manually updated client and it is now uploading. if I don't get credit for these I am not going to run their software again. I stopped running the df client because I lost 5000 generation because the client said the files were tampered with. D2ol is looking better and better :x

Bionic_Redneck
11-16-2003, 02:28 AM
I'm done with DF. What a dumb ass dc project where you have to continuely monitor if they have started a new protien. Oh how I hate to waste my precious cpu cycles on crap. All the generation i have done were not even counted.

vaughan
11-16-2003, 03:23 AM
Bionic Redneck what changes did you make to get it to connect to their new server?

Bionic_Redneck
11-16-2003, 04:36 AM
I just installed the newer client in distribfold replacing the older files with the new ones. If you are using ark just configure it to over write files when extracting