PDA

View Full Version : Losing DHEP work

Ototero
05-09-2005, 12:12 PM
My Sunday dhep score was over 3,000,000 when I went to bed last night.
On checking this morning, I found I'd only done 862,389 :cry:

This happened the day before as well. I've noticed that people have their score reduced. I'm always having a good scrap with Donald_Deasysli4399, his scores for yesterday are well down too.

I still have the screen showing on my machine at home. I'll screen print it before re-freshing it.

I've posted a message on their forum. A thread had already been raised

:D

Empty_5oul
05-09-2005, 04:52 PM
do a few print screens in the coming days so you have some actual evidence of your score.

Ototero
05-09-2005, 07:20 PM
It does seem that our overall score is updated correctly. It's just yesterdays figures are wrong on the web.

A small issue. At least I'm not losing work. I'm on target to be No. 1 soon. :twisted: :D

vaughan
05-10-2005, 12:06 AM
:shock: . . . :rightfighter5:

Ototero
05-10-2005, 12:00 PM
You'll never catch me.

vaughan
05-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Not at your current rate :!:

Ototero
05-13-2005, 07:25 AM
You've upped your rate again Vaughan. Your keeping me honest.

Have to admit though, I'm flat out in Dhep on 4 machines.

I've just converted all machines to run dhep as a service. Dunno if it's quicker or not. The text file logging options make good reading though. Have you tried them?

vaughan
05-13-2005, 10:18 AM
I had DHEP as a service on one PC and didn't like it. I hate having to go into manage computer and stop a service when I want to quit the thing. I re-installed as a DOS bat file. Easier to Control C it when I need to. I don't know if service was quicker or not. Yes I've slowly let my Athlons finish their existing SOB tasks and run DHEP now. Also running some ZetaGrid.

Dare I say it I've got the xp3000 running BOINC :shock:
I tried to grab some Pirates tasks the other day using NeoGen's Little Pirate Finder program but I kept missing out. I snagged some big Einstein tasks - bloody hell - 14 MB each :!: and they take an estimated 8 hours :evil:
I also had no luck getting any Burp or Lattice jobs to run.

Lagu
05-13-2005, 07:23 PM
I had DHEP as a service on one PC and didn't like it. I hate having to go into manage computer and stop a service when I want to quit the thing. I re-installed as a DOS bat file. Easier to Control C it when I need to. I don't know if service was quicker or not. Yes I've slowly let my Athlons finish their existing SOB tasks and run DHEP now. Also running some ZetaGrid.

Dare I say it I've got the xp3000 running BOINC :shock:
I tried to grab some Pirates tasks the other day using NeoGen's Little Pirate Finder program but I kept missing out. I snagged some big Einstein tasks - bloody hell - 14 MB each :!: and they take an estimated 8 hours :evil:
I also had no luck getting any Burp or Lattice jobs to run.

Vaughan!

Why have you problems with Lattice? I'm running this without problems? It is your firewall or antivirus who is blocking your try to download any task? Try to shut your firewall down and see how it goes. I can tell you when I had problems with uploads, it was the antivirus or firewall who make a hell. When I shutted this software down if begin to flood out. Download new genomes also works fine.

Lagu :D

Empty_5oul
05-13-2005, 08:57 PM
14Meg ????

they obvioulsy want less server usage as we use to contact it about every 5 minutes.