PDA

View Full Version : AMD not to be found in Hong Kong

daddygeek
05-12-2005, 10:08 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yes, I am crying like a big baby. I've been planing this trip with a Daddygeek stop at Hong Kong's Star House "Top place for computers, software and all things geeky". It might fit that decription if you want a intel note book :rightfighter5:
I'll keep looking ](*,) but newegg has better prices.

vaughan
05-13-2005, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the update. Happy shopping.

daddygeek
05-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Well, I'm back from China and I did find AMD in Guangzhou. The max speed they had was a 2800+ and they did not keep it in their shops for was a high-speed high-priced chip to them. I wish the states had a computer shopping center like they had (but up-to-date). shops upon shops upon shops, it was like a computer Fair in a shopping mall four stories tall approximately 50 to 75 stores per level. The first floor was just cameras and printers, second was MP3 players and computers, third floor was just computers, and the fourth was all software mostly pirated (about 2US$ a copy). I did buy a Soltek SL-NF4PRO-939 for couple of dollars less than newegg.

Vaughan are you still running TSC?

vaughan
05-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Occasionally. Concentrating on SOB, eOn, D2OL, Dimes and Red Library at the moment but I'll be back.

Beerknurd
05-31-2005, 02:58 AM
Speaking of Red Library... Watch out Empty and Ototero, the Beerknurd train is right behind you and comming fast!!! :lol:

Empty_5oul
06-01-2005, 03:11 PM
lol, im looking forward to the team implementation.

It does seem a little odd thw way people in the top 10 jump around when we have basically the same machines (number and amount of clients open as that is fixed).