PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Dimes

Lagu
05-15-2005, 03:53 AM
Hello

Dawn, dawn Dimes. I have join this project and run it on my older AMD. I have problems to run Dimes the whole time. After a while to 2 times the agent quit suddenly. I E-mailed Vaughan and he asked if I got any error message. I answered “No” Lather I open my directory and watched the files belong to Dimes. I noticed a Notepad file named “hs_err_pid2596” who I opened. It seem, as it is a Dll-file error. I had Sun java 1.4 and upgrade to 1.5 but it was not to any help. The message from this file is as follow:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at PC=0x53D21DF
Function=[Unknown.]
Library=C:\Program\DIMES\Agent\Classes\Base\resour ces\MTR.dll

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:
at dimes.measurements.ping.PingMTR.dimesPingMTR(Nativ e Method)
at dimes.measurements.ping.PingMTR.executeMTR(PingMTR .java:69)
at dimes.common.Measurements.execute(Measurements.jav a:75)
at dimes.common.PingOp.execute(PingOp.java:61)
at dimes.common.Measurements.execute(Measurements.jav a:57)
at dimes.scheduler.Scheduler.execute(Scheduler.java:2 97)
at dimes.common.MeasurementOp.execute(MeasurementOp.j ava:43)
at dimes.scheduler.Scheduler.executeOperation(Schedul er.java:261)
at dimes.scheduler.SchedulerTask.run(SchedulerTask.ja va:74)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

This is from when I use the old Java.
Is there anyone who got this and how solves this. I know there is an upgrade. Should an upgrade help?
I have run my Antivirus after any Worms bout not found any bug.

Lagu :? :?

AMDave
05-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Which version of Dimes was installed ?

Have you tried to uninstall and then re-install it with the latest beta ?

Empty_5oul
05-15-2005, 11:42 AM
follow the download link of java from the DIMEs site and install that.

Lagu
05-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Which version of Dimes was installed ?

Have you tried to uninstall and then re-install it with the latest beta ?

I use 3.0. No I don't have tried to uninstall or download version 4. I don't know if there is mush trouble with a beta version.

What happen if I re-install? How with my nickname and username?
Must I create a new or can I install it over the version I already have?

Lagu

Lagu
05-15-2005, 11:45 AM
follow the download link of java from the DIMEs site and install that.

Emty-5oul

Have done it yesterday.

Lagu

Empty_5oul
05-15-2005, 11:46 AM
you can use the same password and username on other accounts and any points you gain will be added to "Lagu".
You can alos install across multiple machines all sending points to the acocunt called "Lagu".

You name each machine you use, e.g "Lagu AMD 1" which then points to a username e.g. "Lagu".

Lagu
05-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Hallo

I'm testing Dimes right now. There can be four settings:
Mashine name
IP Address
Complete names
Dot

It means how I will the graph will show the working process.

Mashine name (Fail)
IP address (Fail)
Complete names (Under tests) Start 13.12 ongoing 14.16.
Dot (Fail quickly)

Fail means suddenly quit.

Lagu :)

Lagu
05-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Hallo

K. 14.14 pm i got this message: The screen has gotten to cluttered - has to clear it.

Means the screen has been "Full"?

Empty_5oul
05-15-2005, 04:53 PM
yes, on the left you should have a slider called "pruning level" make sure it is at 0. try sliding it up and down loads of little blobs should appear and disappear depending on your level.

zooYork
05-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Im also having problems with Dimes, about a month ago I reformatted, and I installed the new Dimes v0.4. Every time I try logging in with my old account, the one I made about a month ago it stays stuck on logging in. So I tried to create another agent, it also stayed stuck on that too. Ive let ZoneAlarm accept/send connections for Dimes and it still hasnt work. :-(

Anyone have any ideas?

Lagu
05-16-2005, 09:15 PM
I have also Zone Alarm and I have allowed the firewall to accept In and outgoing pings and in and outgoing ICMP's and it works pretty well.

Go to Firewall open custom settings and enable allowing pings. I hawe 2 computers and 2 Zone Alarm Pro. On one I have shoose Trusted Zone on the other Internet Zone. I'm running Dimes in Internet Zone but will test if it works through Trusted Zone. Internet Zone can sometimes prevent one from access to a specific URL

Empty_5oul
05-16-2005, 09:34 PM
there are various things on the official DIMES forums for this zooYork as well as ways of testing to see if it works manually via DOS.

Lagu
05-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Hallo

I'm now running Dimes on 2 computers through bot Trusted and Internet Zone and it works. Howewer, it will tack minimum 5 minutes to got a work. A lot of message and and Traceroutes comes first so have patience.