PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet card

Lagu
05-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Hallo

Today I went to the service of Compaq and they worked hard to get my Win 98 to feel of the Realtek fast Ethernet card. After many difficulties, they get both the hardware and the software to work. They test it and start Internet and all works properly. They also ran MSCONFIG and it was ok.
Home again I connected my computer through a 10 meters cable to my Router. The other computers run of full power. I only start the third computer from scratch. What happen?
When I should run MSCONFIG I couldn’t find any Ethernet card only my 56 kbps modem. Checked “My computer” and looked after The Ethernet card. It wasn’t there. It has flipped out and Win 98 couldn’t find it when I run add/remove hardware. It wants to have Win 98 disc and Realtek diskette. I tried but failed. I was worry because it is the second time I got this failure. Have I done anything silly? Should I have shut down my both other computers and not let they run?

I’m thankfully for any advice.
Lagu :?

Lagu
05-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Hello again

I ponder upon to buy a new Ethernet card where a CD-rom follows. It could make it easier to reinstall the software. It cost only 98 Swedish crowns. (13.61 dollar). It seems as Realtek not is stable. It must be wrong if it one time is installed and next time not can be localize or perhaps it will happen even if I change card. I don’t know anything about Win 98 as connected to a Router.

What are you thinking about this?
Lagu :)

Jeff
05-23-2005, 04:52 PM
You may just want to try a new card. You're right, it does seem that the card that you have is not stable.

However, it may be as simple as moving your Realtek card to a different PCI slot. It has worked for me before.

Jeff

vaughan
05-23-2005, 09:25 PM
I have had similar problems with trying to reuse an old ethernet card (Realtek). I couldn't locate the drivers floppy disk. I gave up and bought a new one, they are very cheap now. Problem solved.

Lagu
05-23-2005, 09:47 PM
I see, I see.

Now I'm sure how I will do. The Realtek Ethernet Card Grrr@£$%&

Thanks!
Lagu