PDA

View Full Version : 18th place.....WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
11-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Were officiallly in 18th place, dunno how it happened, someone must of joined our team??OR someone has really been saving alot of candidates. ;). Thanks to them were only about 1,000 candidates behind 17th place. Looks good for us :D!

Anonymous
11-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Hello to the AMD Users. :D

The guy who has joined your team calls himself "BoostedIntegra". I wouldn´t count on his effort because he seems to like jumping in and out of teams a lot. Yesterday he has been for a few ours at the Rival DC Team bosting them with his 12.000 candidates and then left it again just to join the AMD Users.

What I wanted to say: the battle on 17th place isn´t over yet! :D

Greeting from the RIVA Station D2OL-Team!

jlangner
11-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Yes BoostedIntegra was with us before ya'll, then left to join your team. I personally hope he has decided to stay with us this time and not jump around anymore. I know it can really mess with your rankings to lose and/or gain that many canidates.

Bionic_Redneck
11-22-2003, 05:06 PM
I don't know how everyone feels about it but BoostedIntegra shouldn't be on this team. I don't want to be part of a team where anyone stealing cpu cycles. I just wonder who you would get permission from the do dc w/ circuit city's computers?

Anonymous
11-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Yes BoostedIntegra was with us before ya'll, then left to join your team.

He hasn´t been at our team ever. My team is RIVA Station.
He had joined Rival DC Team (a dead team for many weeks) for a short time then went back to AMD Users.

Greetings from the RIVA Station D2OL-Team (http://d2ol.sengent.com/memberServices/teamProfile.jsp?id=1459)

Anonymous
11-22-2003, 06:26 PM
I don't know how I feel about him stealing CPU cycles. Shut the hell up. I'm sure everyone with double digit nodes actually owns all those computers. So, you don't want me on the team, fine. Jeff had convinced me to come back and stay but since I'm a "Cycle Thief" I guess I just can't. Later guys.

Jeff
11-22-2003, 06:32 PM
Man, he uses them on store displays. It's not stealing cpu cycles. He is like a system administrator. He can do whatever he wants to with those computers. Oh well, he's still running d2ol, and we get 0 credit.

jlangner
11-22-2003, 07:00 PM
I don't have a problem with it. I use my pcs in our office, gave myself permission to use them. Most of my 86,000 canidates in TSC came from them. I don't mind Integra being here, just stay committed to 1 team.

Anonymous
11-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Thank Bionic for that. Love BoostedIntegra

Anonymous
11-22-2003, 07:02 PM
i don't see any problem with him using the stores computers. just like jlanger said, stick to team, it messes up a team's hope otherwise!

chaz
11-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Yeah I got double digit nodes, but only 8 are running, the rest are old installs, as if i need to justify anything to you anyway..........Obsolete nodes cannot be deleted if they have contributed work, duh.

And yes I own them all.......

Jeff
11-22-2003, 07:12 PM
I think he should come back to our team. I dont think he was saying anything about you Chaz. I know you can kick ass

chaz
11-22-2003, 07:17 PM
I don't know how I feel about him stealing CPU cycles. Shut the hell up. I'm sure everyone with double digit nodes actually owns all those computers. So, you don't want me on the team, fine. Jeff had convinced me to come back and stay but since I'm a "Cycle Thief" I guess I just can't. Later guys.

This implies that anyone with more than 9 nodes is borging....

Anonymous
11-22-2003, 07:26 PM
Chaz I wasn't talking about you and no I'm not saying anyone with over 9 is "borging". Majority of people might have two or three computers, so him coming at me saying I'm stealing cycles is fu**ing ridiculous.

Anonymous
11-22-2003, 07:35 PM
@ BoostedIntegra: I don´t care at which team you stay, but please stop the team-hopping because it´s messing up the stats. At the moment you are affiliated to the team of VR-Zone. Stay there, join the AMD Users again or make your own team.

@all: I hope you don´t mind i´m posting at your forum. :wink:

Greetings from the RIVA Station D2OL-Team

Anonymous
11-22-2003, 08:34 PM
Keep running D2OL and ignore me. I'll keep doing what I want and you'll keep bitching. I don't affect your output as an individual, and I don't even have many candidates so in the D2OL world I'm tiny. Shut up and crunch.

pegian
11-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Dear team,

I joined this team because it looked like a nice professional place that had the same intrest in technology, hardware, software, distributed computing, and much more. When I browsed this website, I found that members actually cared how this team functioned. I found that this team would give advice to help n00bs like me and/or share interesting opinions that only helps everyone understand how different things can be good.

All I am seeing now is this bickering and fighting and it's kinda ridiculous. It's like a 3rd grade playground where we are all fighting and telling each other how ugly each other's mothers are. Can't we all just get along? If people are team hoping, then that does not say much for their character. If we stand supportive of any help we get, then we stand a much better chance at keeping people with this team and having diverse forums that can help everyone.

I for one hope that this ubsurd manner of conduct does not continue.
Thanks,
Pegian

Jeff
11-22-2003, 10:15 PM
I agree comepletely.

I think people should keep their negative opinions to themselves. We are a close-knit group. Let's everyone just chill out, crunch, and have fun.

Anonymous
11-22-2003, 10:32 PM
Let me take this opportunity to apoligize to the whole forum(anyone I offended in any of my posts) or said something in a in-appropriate manner. I am also sorry for sometimes bickering. Unluckily I am very stubborn and sometimes I may have a attitude.
Anyways, what Jeff, said.

vaughan
11-22-2003, 11:32 PM
Wow - how things got heated in the excitement. Calm down everyone and think about what you are posting.
For the record - I own all but 2 of my 10 computers. The other 2 are work PCs one running Ubero is a P233 dinosaur and the other a Dell laptop P3-750 for which I have total responsibility. I agree with Chaz's comment that you cannot delete old nodes in TSC or D2OL so it appears we have larger farms than we actually control. Even though Boosted Integra may well be a System Admin for a large company it is still prudent to have permission to use the computers. This might be the case if, for example, they are responsible for running, maintaining, operating , setting-up on display in the shop etc for them. They can put the case that running DC projects demonstrates how stable and how fast each computer is. Some projects have quite "pretty" screensaver versions eg EON, D2OL, TSC, LifeMapper and Folding At Home. This "eye candy" might attract customers to stop and ask a sales assistant some questions so the running of DC projects could be useful in Marketing the products in the shop.
my 2c
vaughan

pegian
11-23-2003, 01:36 AM
Good job team..

Thanks for understanding and coming back around. I just wanted to state that I am not pinpointing anyone for any actions or faults. I am quite stubborn myself, and my faults are too long to list. The only thing I wanted to say is that I want to be part of a team that is strong, understanding, supportive, and determined in their quests. I think AMD Users is a great team, and I am very happy to be a part of it.

Good luck, have fun, and let's mega crunch!
Pegian

jlangner
11-23-2003, 03:42 AM
Same here - I was originally with Team Discovery but felt like just one of the 100s there and began to look around for a team I fit better with. I monitored AMD Users for a couple of weeks but held off because I felt "bad" about leaving. I have been here for going on 5 months now and love it.