PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wants to run UD Grid?

NeoGen
06-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I heard that they were starting with a new project, Pancreatic Cancer Research, and we could use some more points on this one... so, how about if we give them a hand on finding a cure for a cancer, and at the same time push the team up? :)

By the way... ototero, your stats aren't updating for Grid.org. We just recently crossed the 1,000,000 points on this one. (Great work team! :))

daddygeek
06-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Sorry, I stopped running UD in 03/12/04 when i swiched my main computer to linux. I wish that i could move my 316,260 points from AMDZone.com to AMD USERS, but i can't :-(

NeoGen
06-20-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't run it in a while either... got my hands full with boinc projects. :P
And plus I hated the rosetta workunits... they took days and nights to crunch in my computer... :?

Nflight
12-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Yes I think I do want to run United Devices Grid project. It seems that I can run Grid and XtremLab at the same time. I even get lower speeds on my Work Units running Grid. Wow!

My processors are not over worked and I am seeing results in both projects running at the same time. THIS IS GREAT NEWS ! :blob3:

NeoGen
12-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Wow... my year and a half old thread still lives... :lol:

Nflight
12-09-2006, 07:16 PM
NeoGen your comments were clearly representative of the project, So far I am having no troubles with that program running in the background. If something comes up in the future that causes a stir I will, let you know. :icon_eek:

BlackAdder
12-10-2006, 04:31 PM
I ran UD for a while a few years ago...my problem with them was their arrogant attitude towards questions in the forums...crunchers are not stupid, we may not be scientist but when a technical question is asked they don't have to brush it off like we wouldn't know the answer even if they told us. :(

Ototero
12-17-2006, 01:28 PM
For the half dozen people running this project, we've made up 33 places in 4 days. Well done.

I'm running this along side Dnet and Pi-segment.

Nflight
12-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I just added another system last night. I was reading over a statement you made to vaughan over 2 years ago about getting all projects under 1,000 listing. Now I am trying to shine a little and get us there for real!

Ototero
12-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks Nflight, those were really long term goals. Now we can do it.

Ototero
12-26-2006, 12:00 PM
4 days with no stats. Bummer. Hope my work is not being lost.

Anyone else still crunching this? I hope so 'cos we're making up huge places.

Nflight
12-26-2006, 01:35 PM
When the stats return I will have almost doubled my original amount you see now! Day and Night I have been working and gathering points and results all the way. I had a few moments over the weekend when the work units would not download. But, since I could do nothing but wait, I checked and in less then 30 minutes I had more work crunching. All in all this should be very good for the teams output when they return from holiday to fix the glitch!
I am still here Ototero...:icon_razz:

News from the web site on this forum link: http://forum.grid.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=20987
Dear Members,

United Devices is closed Dec 25, 2006 - Jan 1, 2007 for the holidays. I am aware of the current issue and will try to contact our IT department, but the issue may not be resolved until after the holidays. I apologize for this inconvenience.
Robby Brewer
Senior Support Engineer
United Devices

Nflight
12-26-2006, 07:42 PM
So with that news I added above, I will just have to triple my points gain till they come back from the holiday.:icon_razz:

Nflight
12-31-2006, 02:49 PM
I am currently at 2.5 times the total displayed in my signature. I will probably not be able to reach the 3 times amount I have stated above in previous posts. I am trying but I am just not worthy enough to match my own projections. Bumps, hurdles, unforeseen obstacles have made my accomplishment less likely of appearing. But what-ever I push forward when they do come back online will bring me up too, I believe nearly 14th place in the AMD users team and help our Team Standings move above the 2392nd place we are in now! I hope my only team member Ototero is still crunching away?:)

Nflight
01-18-2007, 09:18 AM
And now EON is offline! I am working by myself on United Devices Cancer Research Project with out fail of receiving any work units to crunch since I started the effort December 9th. AMD users have the project called Grid.org in the stats and also in the forums. I have progressively move the Team up by several places each day, excluding the time of the Holidays when the stats were down but the work units kept flowing. The stats may have a hiccup once in awhile but over all the idea is to find a cure for CANCER! I know I am off subject considering this is Einstein but since that project is having difficulty in dishing out the WU's why not give my project a try. This project only runs on 50% of CPU power allowing other programs to run beside it! OR if you can figure out "how to make it run simultaneous instances" you can run (2) at one time and garner even more Work Units completed. Enough Rambling... ((( I will post this in the grid.org forum as well )))

Nflight
02-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Please welcome our newest member to the United Devices crunching Team; B E E R K N U R D !!!!! Thank You for the effort of signing up and making a difference, this really makes me proud to say all the AMD users are my extended friends and family. G O T E A M !

On another note I will be passing individual rank of #4000 sometime today, as Ototero will be passing the #2000 rank also sometime today. This may seem trivial at best but, in reality there are over 1,000,000 individuals crunching this project and over 5,000,000 machines connected at all times. I have only been at this since December 9th, 2006 but, I have seen our Team Effort rise more then 340 places in ranking. This places us to slide under the #2,000 mark with insight of early March if we continue our pace. Thanks go out to these crunchers who have not given up the hope to finally get the Team Effort under the #1,000 mark before the year is up December 31, 2007: Mike Orwick, Ototero, agoetz2005, Myself, Vaughan and coespost. With our new team member Beerknurd I am sure we will see greater numbers achieved in the coming months, thank you one and all.

Ototero
02-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Go Grid team go.

Thanks Beer.

Beerknurd
02-09-2007, 09:34 PM
I have it running on 3 machines... It only uses 1 core so they other cores are running EON and Pi-Segment.... It may not be a lot of points but hopefully it will help.

Beerknurd
02-09-2007, 10:03 PM
I am getting a cannot connect to server...backing off message..... Is this a normal thing??? Does it go down often???

Nflight
02-10-2007, 12:21 AM
be patient it will come back, it has issues they are working on fixing.

Beerknurd
02-11-2007, 05:17 AM
I have this running on 7 cores.... I hope it helps....

steinfal
02-11-2007, 05:51 AM
I thought the pancreatic cancer idea was old news. Have they actually started anything?

Nflight
02-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Seven cores will really help, Thanks for the extreme response there Beerknurd !

Beerknurd
02-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I have to switch between UD, PI-Segment, and EON..... I will run this for a little bit to help out.

Nflight
02-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the Team Effort NVM, Thank You very much for helping on this project!

Nflight
02-11-2007, 12:43 PM
I thought the pancreatic cancer idea was old news. Have they actually started anything?

As far as I understand Steinfal they are running the program you are asking about. :sad5: I may be wrong, I have been known to be wrong sometimes in my life!

Nflight
02-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the help there Beerknurd the help is really showing in such a short time, we are making tremendous progress. Looks like we might hit the 2,000 mark by March 1 after all.
Thanks Beer, I really appreciate your effort here and I know that Ototero appreciates it too...

Ototero
02-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Yep, that's affirmative. We're going great guns.

Bender10
02-15-2007, 01:11 AM
I think I just put a cpu on the project. Interface was a little...

Beerknurd
02-15-2007, 01:14 AM
I have it on 7 cores... I will run this for as long as I can... But don't think I haven't noticed you creeping up on me in EON Nflight... Free-DC says your about 90 days out... So I have some time before I have to crank up more EON clients...

But regardless.... I'm glad my effort is doing us some good!!! My DCR rank is suffering though.. I have gone from 16th to 19th place in just a few days... You don't earn a lot of DCR points for this project....

Nflight
02-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Bender10 thanks for attaching to United Devices and helping out. I see we improved by 210 places in one months crunching in January, that is awesome!

BeerKnurd don't worry I will give you plenty of headsup before I snowblow you in EON, I wouldn't want to make you mad on a pass and not tell you I am coming like a Steam powered Locomotive. Next team pass states that in 132,386 days we will pass Ars Technica Team Heavy Metal Lasagna.

Nano-Hive and my boinc on Rocketship don't like each other I ran three WU's and Boinc crashed on me, again. There is a limit of 16 Work Units per day on this Nano-hive project, each time I try to download more it says not till tomorrow and since I am very agitated to lose anytime with idle crunching power. I decided to rejoin My UD project full force. When the time limit is up after midnight I will again try my hand at Nano-Hive. But until then lets boogie on UD !

Beerknurd
02-17-2007, 05:54 AM
I am going to run some EON WU's for about a week... I will come back to UD after that....

Nflight
02-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Beerknurd your 260,000 ahead of me! Your that worried I will pass you that quick. I would have given you at least 100,000 points notice.
UD is much more important than EON, If you wish I will stop running EON ?:sad5:

Beerknurd
02-17-2007, 08:25 PM
I put 4 cores back on UD..

Nflight
02-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Thank you ...