PDA

View Full Version : Team Norway stats

vaughan
06-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Lagu could you explore the Team Norway site please?

http://www.team-norway.org/d2ol.jsp?lang=EN

Their stats at

http://tn-d2ol-stats.homeip.net/allteams

are not working.

Can you find out what the problem is, if it is temporary or if they have abandoned the D2OL project and ceased the stats for it?

Thanks in advance.

Lagu
06-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Vaughan

This is from D2OL’s forum 2005-06-20

URL: http://www.d2ol.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000832

I have some DSL problems, therefore will the Team Norway D2OL Stats be somewhat unstable for some time, until the cause is found and fixed.

I have watched Team Norway’s site and did a search after D20L statistic, but the replay I got was that this page no longer exist but, I have a memory of I have got this statistic before but I can’t reminder where I get it. Team Norway is now a sub team to another team. Perhaps TN because the lack of members who is contributing to D20L. On their page under Prosjekt statistikk: D2OL = ukjent plass translating as an unknown place. From their forum translating from Norwegian language from April 2005: Four members have sent a message.

Aj, aj what shall we do now?

Early tomorrow will we be stomped again by FreeDC because they have got more fighting spirit in D2OL. This grieves me that to se how we falls from a respectable 3rd rank to a miserable 4th , and soon to a hopeless 5th rank in the month of February. But!, there has come some positive information from Wolfgang. I express in words:

The project is indeed running well and I have a meeting on Tuesday with Management to discuss staffing for a client upgrade. Based on the meeting on Tuesday I will write a more extensive update in the forums. A sneak preview: We will probably have somebody in house by mid to end January to do the client/server update. Also, we hope to have some result back from collaborators at NCI-Frederick by then. The collaborator is testing the hits of our Anthrax screen in the laboratory on anthrax cultures. I hope this helps, please keep an eye on the forum Tuesday/Wednesday next week for further details.

The question is: How shall we do?

Unreal

The problem is delicate.

Will it be anything to too stay on they must have a comments more than once every 6 month. (Let us see what will happen on Wednesday). It will call for recourses to start up a D2OL teams again, this is a factor we must calculate on. Sourly, to lose the respectable 3rd rank.

What is others comments?

Eraser

To begin with the negative:

My patience with D2OL isn’t as good because we have waiting one year for a client upgrade. But we may see on Wednesday if the pipe has got another melody, or if this will be a half hearted try without fellow-up.

We can’t stop FreeDc from catch us if at least Eraser set all his power to max in this evening. They are producing a lot more than all other teams. However, if all have got our way, we could have worked us up to 3rd.

D2OL was a nice project so long the hopeless not fellow us.

Brage

Now we lose the 4th place. We may be pleased with top 5 in the near future.

Don Vito.

Lagu :)

vaughan
06-23-2005, 01:04 PM
We might have to use the TA and MacNN stats instead.

Lagu
06-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Hello

Yes, I though MacNN’s stats is very useful and nice. A very fine works of them. Although, all comments as “Turn on the music” and “Good things come” is little to attach value too. Team Norway’s stats page was more informative and it was easy to fellow other teams and members and how one owns results was compared to others, and the graph they have of the daily productions. It is a site as is easy to miss. I understand it was/is a great work to create this page and support it. I suppose many functions were configured to work automatically. It is too bad that my sister folk no longer is interested of D2OL.
From a historical perspective:
Sweden has long ago occupied Norway in nearly 100 year. At least they got free in the beginning of 1900th century in a peace way. But for them Sweden is a great brother yet. Our country is larger and our population is greater but, Norway has now their oil and we must import gas and oil from other countries.

Lagu :)

vaughan
06-23-2005, 10:49 PM
I wonder what the trigger points are for those messages you write about in the macnn D2OL stats pages? They do seem to be quite random in their meaning; perhaps too oblique or obscure. Also I haven't understood the colour system they use.