PDA

View Full Version : Asteroids@home News

AMDave
12-22-2022, 04:38 AM
New Raspbian OS aarch64 (armv8) application is here
Hi everyone,

A new, 64bit, version of the Period search application for the Raspberry Pi was released today supporting aarch64 (armv8) architecture!

It will be interesting to get some feedback from you about how it performs as there still could be some issues to be solved.

Happy crunching and don't forget to use active cooling on your boards as the app can be very aggressive to the cores on times.

Cheers!
Georgi

More... (https://asteroidsathome.net/boinc/forum_thread.php?id=923)

Dirk Broer
12-22-2022, 09:57 AM
My Raspberry Pi 4's all work with 52Pi Ice Tower coolers, my CM4 uses an old Socket 7 cooler (formerly used for my AMD K6-III+ 400@450MHz) with 50mm fan -what a noisy thing that has become.... will fit a 50mm fan from a AM1 system.
BTW: StarTech still sells them, and you can also fit them to e.g. Socket 370 boards.

Update: I downloaded a Asteroids WU on my Rock Pi 4B+ as it has the most elaborate cooling (80mm + 40mm fan plus very big heatsink combo) and it has announced a zeven-day computation period with ten-day deadline.
439(Click unto to make bigger)
My first Aarch64 (armv8) result, obtained on my 4GB Jetson Nano running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS