PDA

View Full Version : waiting for next job

Elez
08-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey guys!
Long time no post.
I just got my *new* Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Core and after install FAD I see that it's stuck for ages on "waiting for next job"... that happens when I run windows... on Linux (that I use 95% of the time) it doesn't ever happen.
Any tips, guys (and girls, come to think of it)?
Thanks!

btw: Is it normal that this processor comes to 50 degress Celscius and more?

NeoGen
08-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Hey Elez

Indeed, long time no see. I remember watching closely over your scores on Find-a-Drug during the spring contest. Didn't get to see you around here at the time, but did you know you ranked 3rd place out of 35? :)

About FAD, I can't tell you anything. I have never run it even. :lol:
Anyways, I'm sure someone will post about it soon.
But do come around more often now! :)

Elez
08-10-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm actually 2nd but most of the credit goes to two guys that for some reason had left...

NeoGen
08-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Yea, you're second placed on the team.
I meant 3rd only on the Spring contest we had some months ago :)

Elez
08-10-2005, 01:04 PM
we had a spring contest?
what did I win?

(this thread is getting a little long so if you're here for the first time, please read my original post and see if you can help)

Edit: ok I solved it.. I guess the solution for now is to delete your find a drug directory for the Nth time and reinstalling the thing...

NeoGen
08-10-2005, 03:21 PM
we had a spring contest?
what did I win?

Yes, and nothing :P :lol:

There were no prizes, just the satisfaction of the winners to say "I got the most power! :twisted: " :lol::lol:

Anyways, the results are still online, check it out
http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest.htm

Elez
08-10-2005, 06:37 PM
yeah, I had already taken the liberty to search for it and I've been to that page already. What an honor.... too bad about the prize though.. haha

btw, I'm chaning my question. Do you people know of any problems with AMD64 and FAD? Cuz I'm still having a lot of issues with it...

Ototero
08-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Elez,

I have the same processor, it runs at 53C on full load (with the case open). I'm thinking of water cooling it soon.

Elez
08-11-2005, 05:34 AM
Really?! What a coincidence, cuz I was just thinking of water... in general. :lol:

thanks for the info man.