PDA

View Full Version : Dimes new client will be out soon

NeoGen
08-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Check out this post on their forums:
http://www.netdimes.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=236

Note the last line... "* Boinc integration (phase 1)"

I wonder what will the people who don't like boinc do...
What do you say beerknurd? :lol: :lol: :lol:

AMDave
08-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Still no sign of the Linux client (classic version) being released that I know they have had running on their server from the start :(

At least if they go BOINC there is more chance they will release a Linux version.

Beerknurd
08-11-2005, 10:44 PM
if they go to Boinc, then it's going to use cpu cycles..... If that's the case then it's a no go for me.....

NeoGen
08-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Rumours say that it will be a non cpu intensive project, much alike those old ones of berkeley... crash collection and resource measurement.
You could run it perfectly along with anything else as long as boinc itself was running.

Lagu
09-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Hello

The Dimes have now released their new client version 0.4.2. I hawe download it and it seems to be good. Don´t download the agent yet. You will have a pop up window soon telling you to upgrade. If you manually download it you must create a new username.

Lagu :D

NeoGen
09-19-2005, 03:46 AM
Lagu,

Only now I went to see about Dimes new client. You forgot to mention that now there is a Linux version!

It's not to me, as I don't even have linux, but I remember people wishing for one some time ago. :)

NeoGen
09-19-2005, 04:08 AM
And to my ever growing discontent, each new Dimes version works worse for me than the last... :?

This new version won't run with Norton Internet Security. I'm getting an "attack warning" everytime Dimes tries to make a trace or a ping.
Funny that the "offender" party is my own computer, doing something like trying to send ICMP packets with source IP of 0.3.0.4... which Norton blocks immediatly.
I went inside Norton's options and set a rule to allow all ICMP communication, but still doesn't work... :-(

Lagu
09-19-2005, 07:25 PM
NeoGen

You are right. I didn’t notice this about Linux. :oops: About the firewall: I have set ZoneAlarm in Trusted Zone, allowing incoming UDP ports 80 – 213 and Internet Zone Security to medium. If you have this configuration set to high, you stop Dimes from corresponding.
Northon is of source not ZoneAlarm but the settings are perhaps similar.

Lagu ;)