PDA

View Full Version : Router

Lagu
08-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Hello

My Trend Net TW100-S4W1CA seems to have been knocked out of all activity. Yesterday it won’t work and when I should do a reset, no reactions come from it. The router was only blinking and not reset. I don’t know if the Dimes have anything with this to do. The traceroute who are on many times every minute???

I have now disconnected the electric cable and modem cable from this unit. Only my AMD64 is running right now through my normal modem. Any idea or can this unit has been corrupt? I have guaranty when it was bought for 6 mouths ago ca.

Lagu :-(

Empty_5oul
08-19-2005, 09:12 PM
have you had any sort of power surge recently - or power cut. A storm and / or lightening could have "killed" it

thorshammer
08-20-2005, 12:05 AM
u might try flashing the firmware of the router usually available at the makers home page..recently I had a Dlink just quit...flashing the firmware recovered it and it has now been running fine for 2weeks..

good luck!

Lagu
08-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Hello

My router is still going strong. I disconnected all cables from my modem and fire off the computer. Then I reconnected the electric cables to the modem and then change cable between my modem and the router. Did a power on and tried to open the Internet and it work, so I plugged the RJE-cable for my other PC into the router and did a power on on my other Athlon and tried to open Internet and it also works. It is simple, a power off and reset of the modem and the router and all works properly. The cause of the failure, I haven’t a clue of.

Lagu :D

vaughan
08-21-2005, 01:13 AM
Hej Lagu,
I'm pleased you got it working after a cold boot. Sometimes this happens because of a drop in local power voltage - brownout.

Have you considered buying a UPS for your computers?

Lagu
08-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Hello Vaughan

No i haven't. May I ask what an UPS is?
It is as a BOOSTER?

Lagu :?

NVM
08-21-2005, 09:22 PM
"uninterruptible power supply".

something like THIS (http://cgi.ebay.ca/APC-Smart-UPS-750XL-750VA-750-SUA750XL-USB-TESTED_W0QQitemZ5230010744QQcategoryZ44963QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem)

vaughan
08-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Like NVM said uninterruptible power supply. I use Powerware brand http://www.powerware.com/UPS/Products.asp#small

Lagu
08-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Hello

Thanks NVM and Vaughan. Now i know what it is.

Lagu :D

Lagu
09-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Hej!

My TW100-S4W1CA router seems to have got any failure. When it is connected to my broadband modem, the modem won’t work. If my computer only is connected to the modem, it works. The modem loses the WAN settings from my provider Telia. If I only use my modem all settings is perfect.
I have tried to reset the router, disconnect the electric cable from both the modem and the router, and shouted down my computer and done a cold start trying to solve the problem, but nothing helps. I tried to change computers to se if it was the Ethernet card as is bad but no difference.
When I don’t can use Internet when my router is connected, I can’t use the site of TRENDnet to reset the modem or do any change or controls. I have reset the router manually but the reaction isn’t normal. The lights continue to blink and it is wrong.
I have pondered to buy a new router because the cost not is so high in my eyes. Nowadays wireless routers and modems are very common. But, I have no experience of this.
My question is: Can I use a common modem together wit a wireless router? How secure is a wireless modem or router if we are thinking of bugging?

Any idea or experience about above?

Thanks
Lagu :-( :cry:

Lagu
09-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Hej!

I’m no. 1 in D20L in the daily rate, and no 5 in another project. If I don’t can use my router, I can lose these ranks. I think it must be a good solution to have two routers if on of them got a failure. I can rapidly change routers and take the missing router to service and not need to wait to it is repaired. :idea:

Lagu

NVM
09-05-2005, 11:44 PM
routers aren't worth it to pay for repair if it isn't under warranty. just throw it away.(or save for parts)