PDA

View Full Version : BOINC Manager v4.45

vaughan
08-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Disconnected message appears in bottom right hand corner. It will not allow any projects to be joined. I don't know how to fix / modify this? Any ideas?

Beerknurd
08-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Uninstall, re-install maybe????

Then again it is Boinc........ So it's probably just broken..... :lol:

Brucifer
08-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Then again it is Boinc........ So it's probably just broken..... :lol:

ROTFLOL That just absolutely slays me!!!!!!

gamer007
08-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Does it come back if you restart BOINC? This happened to me a while ago. I forgot what I've done, but I think I uninstalled it and reinstall.

There's a new Dev version if you want to upgrade. v4.72.

Empty_5oul
08-20-2005, 06:30 PM
try an uninstall and then delete the folder that is left behind (probably on c: under program files / BOINC)
then the next reinstall should work great but you lose any WU and attached projects from previous and old versions.

vaughan
08-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Solution ... workaround:

After a power outage caused by the Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker tripping whilst I was out and the UPSs causing a forced shutdown I had to restart the farm. When this occurred the xp3200's internal IP address changed. BOINC wasn't smart enough to realise this so I had to manually edit the IP address contained in the file client_state.xml from <ip_addr>192.168.1.106</ip_addr> to <ip_addr>192.168.1.101</ip_addr> and it worked again.

I had tried uninstalling and re-installing BOINC manager v4.45 (I had v 4.70 previously) but this didn't fix the "disconnected" message. When I changed the IP address it gave the "correct" information of Connected to localhost and magically ALL my projects and workunits in progress re-appeared.

I agree with Beerknurd's observation: BOINC = broken :!:

AMDave
08-21-2005, 02:27 AM
lol
listen to you lot.
oh me oh my.

vaughan,

the client is simply not looking at the log for the pc it is running on. It may have been writing an update to the config file when the power went out.
That does not mean that the client is not running.

In the BOINC client goo the > File menu
click on > Select Computer
when the dialog box comes up type in "localhost" (without the quotes)
do not enter a password.
click OK.
Now it will be looking at the log for the computer that it is running on.
Done.

vaughan
08-21-2005, 03:16 AM
Done. Thanks Dave. I never knew what to put in there.