PDA

View Full Version : RC5 "Need a little Help here"

AQUAJOE
08-20-2005, 03:03 PM
I kicked off RC5 last night on one of my PC's last night. When do I asign a name/ID and when do I get to choose AMD Users. Right now it is just crunching but where it is going I have no clue.

Brucifer
08-20-2005, 03:26 PM
When you fire off rc5.... dnetc you first need to configure it. You do that with "dnetc -configure" and can do that in either linux or windows at a command prompt. You wil be shown a screen with selections, take number "1", and then enter in your email address. Then back out using a zero "0" as the selection to get back to the menu again. At the menu then take option #2, which deals with buffer and update options. Then select #9, which deals with workload precedence. Enter "RC5-72,OGR-P2=0" and press enter, then select zero and press enter, then select zero and press enter again. That should put you back to the command prompt. If in linux then enter "rm buff*" and press enter, and if in windows "del buff*.* and press enter. This gets rid of the stuff in the buffer files on disk. You want them to be refilled under your email address. If you run dnetc without having configured the thing, everything you crunch goes into their big anonymous bucket in the sky and you don't get any credit for it. And since we are all humongous stats whores, we certainly don't want that to happen. :)

To run it again, enter "dnetc" and the screen will show your email address in one of the lines. You will then be set to run *only* rc5-72.

Now you just let the system happily crunch away for a day. At around 5pm PST the big server in the sky grunts and groans, and a couple hours later the daily stats pump out. Go to the rc5-72 stats page, at the top you will see a section where you can enter your info, enter your email address, and you will be presented with a screen that allows you to request your personal data to be emailed to you. Once you get that email, it will have your user number, your password, and also an URL where you can view your stats and select a team if you so choose.

And happy crunching, welcome aboard, the team loves you and may you have lots and lots of systems on rc5-72!!!!!!! :)

Seriously though, welcome to RC5-72. :)

AQUAJOE
08-20-2005, 04:15 PM
I am Happy to be onboard!
I hope people aren't mad at me for bumping them out of there spots in other projects.

Or get the feeling like damn why does he have to join this one.

Empty_5oul
08-20-2005, 04:21 PM
the competiton for places is always fierce.

Brucifer
08-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Don't sweat it, just crunch!!! :) The team needs to move up the placement ladder a few notches. :)

AQUAJOE
08-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Ok been running this since Friday it is configured with my email. Still has not sent me an email so I cen login and finish configuring. What do I do.

This is why I like BOINC verysimple.

I will let this go through this evening and if I don't get email I'm pulling it.

I'm not crunching for nothing.

I did everything that was stated in the above thread. :roll:

AQUAJOE
08-22-2005, 03:54 AM
I pulled RC5 and Rolled machine back to Climate.

Brucifer
08-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Now you just let the system happily crunch away for a day. At around 5pm PST the big server in the sky grunts and groans, and a couple hours later the daily stats pump out. Go to the rc5-72 stats page, at the top you will see a section where you can enter your info, enter your email address, and you will be presented with a screen that allows you to request your personal data to be emailed to you. Once you get that email, it will have your user number, your password, and also an URL where you can view your stats and select a team if you so choose.

You didn't read the paragraph.... it doesn't automatically send you the email, you have to enter your addy, andclick the request email button....

As for boinc, everyone in the world would be crunching boinc if boinc had the reliability and work supply that distributed.net has for it's project.

However...................... :)

AQUAJOE
08-22-2005, 03:41 PM
send me a link to the page. Not one page I have been to has that.

there is an edit your info: but that is for only once you have recieved your email and password.

As for BOINC people chose projects they are interested in not so much who owns the project. Some projects have a bad rep. they only project I have had issues with is Seti and not because they don't have enough work. It's because the berkeley kids have no clue as to what they are doing when it comes to any type of hardware.

AQUAJOE
08-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Nevermind I figured it out.