PDA

View Full Version : Browsers

Bionic_Redneck
08-01-2003, 10:52 PM
just got slimbrowser off of download.com. Using it right now.
SlimBrowser is a tabbed multiple-site Web browser. Its recoverable pop-up killer intelligently identifies and blocks pop-up ads without killing a desirable window by mistake. The quick-search bar provides convenient access to user-defined search engines. You can hide selected sites while browsing to protect your privacy. Extensive support for skins lets you decorate SlimBrowser to your own preference. The AutoLogin feature automatically connects and logs into specified Web sites with just one click. Seamless integration with online translation engines helps you browse sites in foreign languages. Script error suppression eliminates annoying script error dialogs. With flexible control of start-up actions, SlimBrowser can automatically open predefined mailboxes and Web sites at start-up for you. SlimBrowser uses a uniform interface to manage both local and remote resources.
http://cl.com.com/Click?q=89-h2zbQ-JAraGZDI9ypwH8BaCaE_Jv

Anonymous
11-30-2003, 05:22 AM
My favorite is GreenBrowser, http://www.morequick.com/ , and AvantBrowser, http://avantbrowser.com ...ENJOY!!!!!!!!

MacNews
12-03-2003, 10:30 PM
I like IE the best, because it works with EVERY page.

Jarous
02-29-2004, 09:30 AM
I love IE2 - an enhancement built upon IE. It offers loads of features - tabbed interface, donwload manager, auto resuming of last-visited pages and much, much more. try it.

em99010pepe
02-29-2004, 11:28 AM
I love OPERA because it is the fastest browser on earth. At the time I'm using Mozilla.

Bionic_Redneck
02-29-2004, 04:53 PM
try foxfire if you want a little less bloated browser. It's mozilla without the extra goodies btw lynx and links are the fastest browsers.

Anonymous
03-22-2004, 06:50 AM
Slimbrowser is amazing i have been using it for around a year, havent seen a popup since :D couldnt be happier

vaughan
09-05-2004, 02:35 AM
I've just started using Firefox 0.9.3 and have a couple of questions.
1. When I'm posting a message in our forum my Logitech cordless optical MX700 mouse refuse to scroll with the scroll wheel. It works everywhere else, just not within the posting part of the forum. Anyone else seen this? Any cures?
2. When I visit one of my computers parts vendors web site - PCQuest www.pcquest.com.au using Firefox I am unable to navigate their site by left clicking on the link words on the LHS of their home page. Using IE6 the links work.
3. When I write in this forum the cursor is a small vertical line and it almost totally obscures the last character you type. This makes it hard to see typos.
Vaughan

AMDave
09-05-2004, 03:00 AM
vauhan,

I've been using Firefox 0.9.2 for several weeks now.
I have no answer to 1.
answer to 2 - I get that on some sites too. There are some VBscript & VBx functions that only work with IE. You have found some of them. MS do not respect Internet standards ... period.
answer to 3 - this has been identified as an issue and is tabled for correction in the near future (actually I thought it would have been fixed in 0.9.3). Details of issues register are on the Mozilla projects site.

But you've gotta love the "Open in Tabs" feature.
I'm also using Mozilla ThunderBird email client. Some eamails do not open properly, still don't know why. Great spam filter though.

--AMDave--

Beerknurd
09-05-2004, 03:05 AM
can you push the scroll button down and drag the mouse down to scroll the page...??

vaughan
09-05-2004, 03:06 AM
Thanks AMDave. I like Firefox so far. I switched as the writte up in Oct 2004 PCUser magazine on pages 85-87 convinced me and the program is on the CD.
My son has been using it for a few weeks and loves it.

Thanks Beerknurd, yes pressing the scroll button on the mouse down and then hovering over the up or down arrows works. I hadn't thought of that, I'm used to using the scroll wheel.

Vaughan

Beerknurd
09-05-2004, 03:30 AM
I know it's not as easy as the wheel, but remember back in the old days when you actually had to use the scroll bar on the right?? LOL, that sucked!!!

AMDave
09-05-2004, 04:49 AM
Oh, yes. forgot to add....I don't have a scroll mouse.
Sad but true.

Beerknurd
09-05-2004, 04:54 AM
Dude that sucks.... You should really think about getting out of the 90's...

AMDave
09-05-2004, 05:04 AM
Yeah. No point in holding out for eye-movement & voice control. By the time it arrives I'll be too old to talk above a whisper & too blind to see the damn thing anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll put it on the christmas list.

Ototero
09-05-2004, 12:14 PM
I'm a Firefox and T'bird user. Anything that's not MS.

As Dave says, still some issues with Firefox, I thought mostly banking sites, but obviously there are more.

Any page that doesn't work, right click and select "open in IE". Save re-typing.

No wheel on my mouse either, still in the 90s eh!

Beerknurd
09-06-2004, 03:25 AM
you guys are killing me with your old ass mouses... You can get a scroll mouse for 10 bucks.....

Equinox
09-06-2004, 03:34 AM
Heh, my 10 year old Logitech trackball lacks a scroll wheel as well. Oh, and to stay on topic.... Firefox user here.

vaughan
09-06-2004, 03:50 AM
Equinox, do you know of any other Firefox (or is it Windows?) issues?

Beerknurd
09-06-2004, 04:05 AM
I loved Firefox.... Since I reformated my drive, I haven't installed it again.... But I will soon. Is Thunderbird just an e-mail client???

Equinox
09-06-2004, 04:30 AM
Equinox, do you know of any other Firefox (or is it Windows?) issues?

To be honest I have only made the switch from IE to Firefox for less than a month. I have run into a few sites that I have to load up IE to see correctly, but no serious issues as of yet.

Beerknurd, yes Thunderbird is the open source email client from Mozilla. It has built in spam filters, newsgroups, spell-checking and other such goodies.