PDA

View Full Version : Einstein WU's Pending for the Past Week

zooYork
08-22-2005, 10:36 PM
I recently upgraded my 4.19 client, that ran remarkably well, to 4.45, which seemed pretty stable and rock solid. Now as a week has passed, I go to check my credit for Einstein and I have 11 WUs pending for credit.
This hasn't happened to me before, and as I have about 1k credit no showing up it concerns me. Anyone have any ideas?

NeoGen
08-23-2005, 07:44 AM
Pending credit depends on a number of factors, but don't worry because it ain't the boinc clients fault.

Each workunit has to be crunched by two or three different people at minimum so it can be validated and credit be awarded. The first person to crunch a workunit always has to wait with pending credit until the others crunch it too.
If those two or three people send back contradictory results, the workunit is sent again to a few more people in order to establish who's right and wrong, and in the meantime credit is pending for everyone.
And lastly, the project validators can be down, or overloaded, so even if people return results and they're all correct, it can take a few days until the validator picks them up and awards the credits. Until then guess what... pending credit for everyone!

That pending credit will be yours soon, just have some patience and keep crunching. :)

zooYork
08-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Lol, ok, It happened to me right after I switched to 4.45, so I guess I made conclusions that it was the client. Oh well, I'll guess I'll be crunching blindly for a while!