PDA

View Full Version : SZTAKI problems

NeoGen
08-25-2005, 05:12 AM
I've had sztaki set to now get work for sometime, and right now as I wanted to get some, I get this several times, so I quit

8/25/2005 7:12:54 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Sending scheduler request to http://casca.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg_cgi/cgi
8/25/2005 7:12:54 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Reason: To fetch work
8/25/2005 7:12:54 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Requesting 34560 seconds of work, returning 0 results
8/25/2005 7:12:55 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Scheduler request to http://casca.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg_cgi/cgi failed with a return value of 404
8/25/2005 7:12:55 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|No schedulers responded
8/25/2005 7:12:56 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Deferring communication with project for 58 seconds

I checked the webpage and it's working perfectly... how come boinc is getting a 404? :?

EDIT: Now I see something... Don't ask me where that link came from. But that is indeed the 404 link. Maybe I need to re-attach to the project?

gamer007
08-25-2005, 06:39 AM
08/25/05 00:42:28|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Sending scheduler request to http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/cgi-bin/scheduler
08/25/05 00:42:28|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Reason: Requested by user
08/25/05 00:42:28|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Requesting 0 seconds of work, returning 0 results
08/25/05 00:42:30|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Scheduler request to http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/cgi-bin/scheduler succeeded

Our links are slightly different. I would suggest re-attatching.

AMDave
08-25-2005, 08:22 AM
I agree.
maybe "casca" was the original test box.
my registration emails say "szdg" is the current project address.

NeoGen
08-25-2005, 11:29 AM
I checked my file with all the boinc sites/account keys and for sztaki the site was the one with "szdg"... I don't understand how the "casca" went there.
Anyway... trying to fix this I've done even worse. :-(
Tried reattaching the project and now it complains that the key is invalid. :?

Went to the sztaki website and indeed the key is not valid to login anymore. Somehow my key changed???
Anyways, I've clicked the option to send me back my key to the email again. And now I'm waiting...
(I mean... I hope I'm waiting. Because not understanding hungarian, it could even be saying there that my email is invalid or something...)

Strange thing is that I remember this exact thing having happened to me at some other time... but I can't remember when or at what project...

Running boinc is always an adventure. Even when you think nothing possibly can go wrong, there's always something new that you weren't expecting... :lol:

Brucifer
08-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Well for this "adventurer" I can't even get a key. So maybe their site is having issues???? I get the screen that says that an email has been sent to my email addy, but the email never arrived.

NeoGen
08-26-2005, 03:20 PM
SZTAKI problems solved for me.
I received my new key (it had changed indeed), and even the link to attach had changed too.

72CJ5, check if your email client isn't filtering the sztaki emails. Hotmail was sending them to the junk folder to me, fortunately I remembered to go take a look there.

Brucifer
08-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Nope, no new key, and nothing is in my spam folder from the ISP filetering. My mail app just flags what it thinks is spam but doesn't move anything anywhere without active intervention from me.

I also can't get a new account from the project cause when I enter the email addy it says that there is already an account with that addy.

So I guess I'm just up a creek without a paddle with those folks.

NeoGen
08-26-2005, 05:57 PM
If you have clicked the small link on the login screen to send back the account key to the email then you can only wait for now.
I'm imagining that these events are probably not happening just to the two of us here, so the project admins must be working on the problem.

Empty_5oul
08-31-2005, 05:37 PM
neo its not just you. i think that was the original one as i just tried and got "CASCA".
what is the solution?
i have put my e-mail into their site and it should mail through my infomation, i tried re-attaching but it doesnt like the account key thought connects to the site.

NeoGen
08-31-2005, 05:39 PM
You have to wait for your new key to arrive, and then reattach with it.
Make sure the email isn't spam filtered or something. Hotmail sent it to the junk folder directly. Fortunately I check the junk folder when something new gets in there.

Empty_5oul
08-31-2005, 06:10 PM
right got the mail and it works great.

hotmail didn't filter mine out - but i have it set to minimum so it blocks nothing.

Nflight
09-18-2006, 05:02 PM
I decided to try my hand at this project after several months of no one running it, now I know why!

The Work Units crunch and crunch and even if they do say 36 miuntes each, they mean about 36 hours each, and then there is no points value for the effort enfused.

So by all means if anyone is interested in Sztaki at this time, stay away till they fix there tremendous mistakes and errors. :mad:

Beerknurd
09-18-2006, 05:14 PM
I was running Sztaki for the past couple of days. I have alot of pending credit that I won't get points for...

Look at this (http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/results.php?userid=437)

I asked about validation in the forums and got these replys... I stopped running Sztaki soon after reading these.

Look here (http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/forum_thread.php?id=445&sort=timestamp_asc)

So I wouldn't waste your time with this project right now...

Empty_5oul
09-18-2006, 08:13 PM
i agree they went too far with the WU times.

but your pending credit is not worthless. It is still pending, but until 2 others return that WU it will remain that way. It will stay there, however many times people time out the WU your result is still valid. It may take a while for credit to come through tho.

Big Whiskey
09-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I gave up on this one at the end of July
the app had timed out before the completion date
two WU each ran 170+ hrs
Credits for running 340+ hrs of work a big fat zero

Adam should seriously consider setting up beta site like people have suggested instead of pi$$ing off everyone with faulty apps they been releasing

Or at least tell everyone that gone into testing phase so he concentrate on the app and not be bothered by us credit whores

hopeful he gets things fixed up