PDA

View Full Version : Boinc XtremLab

Brucifer
08-25-2005, 04:45 PM
http://xw01.lri.fr:4320/about.php

Another startup on studying the boinc grid. Work is present, however the validator isn't online yet. They are saving all the work turned in so credit will be granted once the validator issues are worked out. At present the only client is for *Linux* so there is something for all you linux geeks.

I've got a few systems running on it to see how things go.

edit: The workunits are 10 minutes long. Evidently there is an issue with too many units being downloaded at once. But what the heck, at least there is work there! :)

gamer007
08-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks for telling me. I just joined because of the instability of now 3 projects.

Brucifer
08-25-2005, 08:04 PM
So what are the thrre projects you are having the instabikity problems with?

gamer007
08-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Predictor is now fine. But SETI and Message. SETI says it will be back later tonight (according to their website) or tomorrow morning. Message@home, we don't know.

Brucifer
08-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Predictor is now fine. But SETI and Message. SETI says it will be back later tonight (according to their website) or tomorrow morning. Message@home, we don't know.

I can't get anything from predictor.... says I don't have enough space, and I've got loads of it. I looked on their message board and there were questions regarding that from quite some time back, with no answers/solutions provided. So I just gave up on that one. Seti has been down a couple days now, their word isn't ever very accurate. They say they are getting long time pending reduced, but I sure don't see it in my stuff, I still haven't received one point from the stuff I crunched over the last couple of weeks. So I quit that one. Message I still haven't received an activation key from. CP (climate prediction) is just out of the question as the work units are *way* too long. I also grabbed another account on the Astropule beta since I didn't know if the original accounts still worked for that. However they aren't putting out work. Lattice is shut down, as is pirates. So for all the hootin and hollerin about the vastness of boinc, there really isn't much there that's working worth a hoot. They should have named it "Vapor" or something along those lines as there is sure much more vapor out there than actual production projects. :(

So I'm just grinding on 2 things right now and that's einstein and the xtremlab stuff. Einstein has been running good for me for a few days now, and we will see how the xtremlab stuff goes. Of course if the xtrem stuff doesn't get a validator running before too much longer it's all going to be rather pointless on that project too.

NeoGen
09-17-2005, 12:02 PM
BACK TO TOPIC AGAIN
---------------------------

XtremLab's validator is working! :shock:

We're in 10th place thanks to AMDave! :D
http://xw01.lri.fr:4320/top_teams.php?sort_by=total_credit

Keep it crunching Dave... you're the only man who's there and can do it! :P