PDA

View Full Version : Boinc SIMAP

Brucifer
08-25-2005, 05:11 PM
http://boinc.bio.wzw.tum.de/boincsimap/

This is another one dealing with proteins. You can get an account now, but it is now issueing work until September. They have a mod to make to the client, and another testing phase on that, then they are looking at going into production.

Nflight
01-01-2006, 10:47 PM
The program is back up and running there 72CJ5, just figured I would let you know we are in 10th place overall, but as always staying there is always difficult, your help would be greatly appreciated! :!:

Nflight
02-17-2006, 03:09 PM
As you can see with my stats at the bottom of this link, I have garnered quite a few points running the project. Lately we have acquired a few new helpers who have done an awesome job of propelling us to the top of the Teams Stats. Our fearless leader Chris Icide has got his name in the stars as his work has propelled him to the top ten over all, and also one of his computers has him placed at #2 working machines running Linux.
I am not a fan of linux but if he can get his machines to churn out those fantastic numbers there has got to be something there he could share with the rest of us.

NeoGen
02-17-2006, 04:08 PM
There's that theory, which I can't prove or deny because I don't have linux, that says that linux is better for pure crunching machines because you can easily "turn off" all that is not essential in the machine. Making the most out of the cycles the cpu produces I guess.

cicide
02-17-2006, 07:33 PM
The only secret is that machine at #2 is a AMD 64 X2 4800+ with 2G of ram....

Nothing else is special about it, I actually use it as a terminal running X-Windows. And I currently have over 20 windows open on it.

-Chris

Nflight
02-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Chris Icide will now move into the 5th position with in two days of this writing, woot woot :shock:

The door was left open and the red carpet is awaiting his arrival. Limo will arrive shortly soon after.

Well wonderful NEWS Chris now has the fastest computer plus the 6th fastest. I have the 7th as you can see in these stats link: http://boinc.bio.wzw.tum.de/boincsimap/top_hosts.php

Our team has some amazing numbers being tossed at the other teams in the SIMAP Project. If I could afford more Servers I would buy them for these projects, I play the lottery and if I win, my heart and soul would be in making AMD Users Team the top in this project and Predictor Scrips. I can only dream. :roll:

NeoGen
02-21-2006, 10:36 PM
If I could afford more Servers I would buy them for these projects, I play the lottery and if I win, my heart and soul would be in making AMD Users Team the top in this project and Predictor Scrips. I can only dream. :roll:

Heck... I would even buy a Cray supercomputer!! :D hehe
Probably the problem would be the power consumption that a beast like that would need! :lol: