PDA

View Full Version : .BIN files??

Anonymous
12-08-2003, 03:13 PM
In windows XP, is there anyway to extract .Bin files?

Bionic_Redneck
12-08-2003, 04:39 PM
I'm not completely sure but I believe .bin files are used for flashing you bios. I perfer to use adwflash.exe or similar bios flashing program from within DOS but some boards you have only to hold F2 down while booting and then flash the bin from floppy. Lastly there is a winflash utility that seems to be very popular http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/winFlash.html also I would read your motherboards manufactures website and see what the recommend way of flash is.

NeoGen
12-08-2003, 11:42 PM
The .bin is also a file format of cd-images, that can be burned with programs like alcohol 120%, cdrwin and others. To "open" those cd-images without having to burn them on a cd you can use Daemon tools, that is a program that creates virtual cd drives. Once the cd-image is in the virtual drive, you can use it as if it was a normal cd drive and extract the files from it from windows explorer for example.
.bin files as in cd-images usually come with .cue files of the same name. Daemon Tools needs those .cue files in order to "open" the cd-image.

Finally, if your .bin file has nothing to do with what I was talking, just ignore all this rambling. :lol:

vaughan
12-09-2003, 12:23 AM
I have lots of these *.bin files in my C:\Windows\Driver Cache\i386 folder on a Search for files *.bin but they aren't visible using Windows Explorer.

Anonymous
12-09-2003, 01:52 AM
thanks everyone, lots of help :D

NeoGen
12-09-2003, 02:47 AM
This will be a bit off topic but hope you don't mind...

matrix_fan can you correct the link to w*w.amdusers.com in the Boinc Beta Test AMD Users page?
Not that it matters much, but just to keep it tidy. :lol:
And lastly, have you been having problems uploading the finished work units? I just finished my first work unit but the client seems to have trouble communicating with the server somehow.

Astropulse Beta - 2003-12-09 03:04:19 - Sending request to scheduler: h**p://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/ap_cgi/cgi
Astropulse Beta - 2003-12-09 03:04:21 - Scheduler RPC to h**p://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/ap_cgi/cgi failed
Astropulse Beta - 2003-12-09 03:04:21 - No schedulers responded
Astropulse Beta - 2003-12-09 03:04:21 - Deferring communication with project for 5 minutes and 24 seconds

And this has been going on and on for the whole day already... :cry:

p.s. - I just noticed and edited out the web links because I don't know what's the policy about active links here on the forum. Could anyone explain please?

NeoGen
12-09-2003, 02:56 AM
Forget about the last part. After posting the last message here I opened the client, right-clicked on the project and made Update(retry)... After more than 12 hours failing, it suddenly worked!
God damn! This always happens to me!

Guess I should learn to keep my mouth shut and be more patient... :lol:

Anonymous
12-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Did i fix it?