PDA

View Full Version : Is D2OL Down??

BlackAdder
09-10-2005, 01:32 PM
I have not been able to connect to D2OL since 9/9 (Friday) does anyone know what is going on???

NVM
09-10-2005, 01:38 PM
doesn't it always go down when the weekend approaches? thats why i always download lotsa WUs in cache.

BlackAdder
09-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Hummmmm......I switch my science projects on and off daily to give them equal running time. I haven't really noticed a lot of weekend outages so far maybe cause I might not run d2ol on weekends much. Thanks for the info...

vaughan
09-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah its down. Has been pretty reliable on weekends until now. In the past it was notorious for weekend outages. As NVM says - cache work units.

daddygeek
09-10-2005, 02:47 PM
TSC is down too. Same engine.

TSC has been down on September 2, 4, and 5th.
Also the web site and the forums are down :-(

vaughan
03-15-2006, 10:42 PM
The outage at D2OL seems to be taking longer than usual to recover. My farm is starting to run out of work.

Bok's stats haven't updated recently either - probably related to the outage I guess :!: so it looks as if Keith is safe for a little longer after stompping me recently. Still chasing that coveted #1 spot. :)

Brucifer
04-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Extracted from their forum today:

posted 04-07-2006 09:39 As it has come to pass, the RAID controller has failed on the MySQL box, taking one drive with it completely and damaging the mirror drive's file system. Repairing this has become dicey as honestly, I need to rebuild the server from scratch and then attempt to recover the data either from the drive that needs a file system repair or - shoudl that fail - from a data extract that is a bit of date.

So, 2 new drives are en route with the controller. I will build a new server and see what we can do. Worst case scenario is we all get new node numbers [Wink] . Best case scenario is that we get back up and running just fine .... just not for several days.

--------------------
Charles Beckius
D20L Forum Administrator

End of extract and beginning of my comments. I was bringing a few boxes on line, however I couldn't get anything to get into my user stuff on their web. Furthermore, as with the dual core I was bringing on line the other night, I couldn't even enter a new email addy to get issues a new node ID.

And now the extract above says that maybe they won't get stuff rebult and we all get new node ID's............... :( And that this is a few days out. So that puts me at the point of not wanting to run any clients I have with node ID's as if the rebuild doesn't go good, then it's all going to be a waste due to the node ID thing being all FUBAR.

At the rate they are going, the bird flu is going to totally overrun the planet and all species and put us into the next big die-off.

Too bad there isn't some project out there working on this world class crises disease that can afford a few measly servers and a few drive arrays. If they can't do that, how in the world do they expect to be able to do anything with any information they may gleen????? Rather quite pathetic...

vaughan
04-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Keith is still bouyant about this project but I have my doubts. Currently BOINC'ing and SOB'ing more than usual.

Keith75
04-08-2006, 06:32 PM
My hope is that things are so bad because it was neglected for so long but things have changed and it will be back and better than ever soon! ;)

Keith75
04-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Up and going again. I think it is safe to start crunching again. Last failure didn't lose any data. :)

Keith

vaughan
04-12-2006, 09:58 AM
I noticed not too many people are running D2OL and TSC now. Also that Jeff Langner hasn't come back to TSC. That's a shame.

Lagu
04-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi

Edited my post for correcting the name

It seems as my username and password no longer is legal. Also when I searced after "Teams" I got zero rersults. AMDusers canĀ“t be found on the "Lookup" page when clicking on the letter A. Other teams cant be found clicking on different letters.

How the hell will any crunch D2OL when it only makes difficult.

And Jeff Langner has been very silent since his latest postings April 19 2005, almost a year ago. It is sad.

Any as have been forced to rename or create new password and usernames?

Lagu :?

Brucifer
04-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Yep Lagu, you are not the only one. I was ready to put some serious effort onto D2OL, but then the had another server issue, drive array I guess, then I couldn't log on, and then their forum said that they may end up having to reissue account names or something to that effect, and that did it for me. In spite of their professing to having the *new and improved* D2OL, it is appearing to me that they have in reality taken another step down the slope to extinction

What was one of the *MAJOR* complaints from people before?????? Why pi$$ poor communication with the participants..... And what do we have now????? Why more of the same.

Time to chalk this one up to another bad dream. All talk, no action on their part.

Keith75
04-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Granted you can't log on right now but the stats are counting and no you won't have to re-register. Not being able to log on and see your nodes is temporary they say. Hey I can't give up on them. I am number one in the stats. :P

Keith