PDA

View Full Version : Einstein "Where's the Beef?"

AQUAJOE
09-11-2005, 12:33 AM
We could really use a boost in Einstein do you think we can get some machines from ones that will run Einstein.

Even if it is just for a week. I would like to see 3 weeks.

It would reallly be appreciated.

I am about to Throw up a few sails there to get my !st place back and lay a little smackdown to bcbarnes.

Any help from you all would be great we lost a position to Russia.

gamer007
09-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Einstein@Home is the only project I can run right now because of V5 beta. So I'll be helping for a while [until other projects accept V5 boinc]. ^_^

NeoGen
09-11-2005, 08:31 AM
gamer, if you're still using v5, then check the website again. They just released another version, 5.1.3.
Have no idea of what was fixed....

gamer007
09-11-2005, 09:13 AM
I've decided to drop it and go back to 4.72. Main reason is that projects don't support v5 yet. And for some reason, the "Attach project" wizard doesn't work. It didn't let me join Shoft@Home because it thought the URL wasn't a boinc project.

AQUAJOE
09-13-2005, 03:05 AM
I see I am not going to get alot of support on this.

Well I Tried.

AMDave
09-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Maaaate !
Congratulations on resuming Rank 1.

The forum may seem a bit slow, but I see about a dozen or so have jumped into the fray since your post in the lower orders. Some readers just don't post (although we are happy that they read) so not a lot of replies have followed.

Unfortunately it is taking up to a couple of days for Einstien WU's to get validated so hopefully we should start to see an increase in the RAC in the next day or so.

I am winding up a blast on something else tonight. My Einstein score is flagging so I'll be able to throw a couple in this evening. I remain humbly impressed (and suitably GREEN ) at the crunch power at your disposal.

[sic.: apologies Ototero...it had to be said :lol: hee hee...it has been a while.]

mitro
09-15-2005, 04:40 AM
Hi all! I'm new here and I'm mostly here because of the fact that AMDusers seems to have a pretty good Einstein team. Currently I'm crunching for OCforums.com, BUT... over there all that matters is SETI and F@H, so I'm a disgruntled cruncher looking to toss my RAC into the AMDusers column. :D

I'm currently one rig short so my RAC may drop a bit for a few days, but I've got some new horsepower on the way and should push me (hopefully) near 2000cr/day.

My rigs:

A64 Venice 3000+ @ 2.7Ghz
A64 Winnie 3000+ @ 2.5GHz (mobo broken right now)
Mobile Athlon XP 2600+ @ 2.5GHz
Mobile Athlon XP 2600+ @ 2.4GHz
<cough>2.4C P4 @ 3.0 GHz<cough> (still crunches right?)
XP 2600+ (Tbred) @ 2.133 GHz (work computer)

I have a 3800 X2 on the way that will replace the Winchester in the next few days. After that, most likely AMDusers RAC should jump a bit. :lol:

My stats:
http://www.boincstats.com/stats/user_graph.php?pr=einstein&id=101035

AQUAJOE
09-15-2005, 05:06 AM
Welcome Mitro!!

Glad to have you onboard.

I came from Overclockers.com for the same reason all they care about is Seti and F@H.

vaughan
09-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Hi Mitro and welcome to the team. You can always put the P4s on Seventeen or Bust as they really fly on that project; leave your AMDs on Einstein tho' :)

AMD Users has Seti and F@H teams too but most of us have moved on to other projects.

Our resident BOINC project finder - NeoGen - keeps us informed of BOINC updates. I'm sure he'll welcome another BOINC'r to the team.

Enjoy :!:

mitro
09-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Welcome Mitro!!

Glad to have you onboard.

I came from Overclockers.com for the same reason all they care about is Seti and F@H.

Thanks Joe! I actually just started crunching in August and my original intention was to do SETI, but it was as if I broke SETI. In 4 days I earned 64 credits. :) Einstein has been flawless for me and I just don't want to be on a team thats on its was down the standings.

Hi Mitro and welcome to the team. You can always put the P4s on Seventeen or Bust as they really fly on that project; leave your AMDs on Einstein tho' :)

Thanks for the welcome. :) Seems nice and friendly here. I have to be honest, I've never even heard of 17 or Bust, but I will look into it. Its hard to give up an Einstein machine (I only have one non-AMD), but if it could do more elsewhere, I'm game. :lol:

And its official... I've switched teams. \:D/

NeoGen
09-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Hey mitro! Welcome abord lad! :)

We got a bundle of projects that we're in, so you can pick the ones that you like the most. I go mostly for the BOINC ones, like vaughan has already mentioned :P

Imagine that if you were to try every project we're in for a single day (look at the stats to see how many) you would spend a whole month just trying out projects :lol:

Do you have any preferences on the kind of projects you like to run? I don't have any preference as long as it's BOINC! :P

If you take a look at our stats page, notice we got (among others) a link to a DC-Matrix. In there you have a list of alot of projects (not all though, it's a bit out of date) and you can see what projects are optimized to what platforms. Take a look there if you wanna really max out the performance of your machines. :)

And above all, have fun! That's what we're here for. :) Run the projects you like the most and post in the forums if you got any doubts. We'll always answer, even if our answer is that we don't know the answer... :lol: :lol:

mitro
09-15-2005, 03:56 PM
For me the thing that is most important to me is the reliability of the project itself. The science behind just about any of the DC projects fascinates me, but if the project is going to have problems that are going to let my computer end up sitting there idle (as SETI did last month) then I don't want to waste my time.

I've really enjoyed Einstein due to its reliability and the fact that its well suited to the AMDs. Like I said, while I like getting 250-300cr/day from my one P4, I'd gladly switch if it could be more effective doing something else. (I do like BOINC though ;) )

Ototero
09-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey mitro,

I'll see you in my stats tomorrow placed somewhere between 10 and 13, on overall Einstein score.

Welcome

mitro
09-15-2005, 06:34 PM
I wish I was 110-113! C'mon people... buy more computers. :lol: I'm just happy to add to the team's RAC. :thumbleft:

SeanHaffner
09-16-2005, 04:55 AM
Hey folks...

Just wanted to pop my head in the door and say "HI" to everyone :D

I'm currently running E@H as a secondary BOINC project (I needed something to fill in the gaps after I got frustrated with SETI@Home's servers going down every other weekend).

When I went searching for a team, this one looked fun....because it has the competetive spirit without the brainiac "holier-than-thou" attitude.

I have SETI running 2/3rds of my capacity, and Einstein running the other 1/3rd.

Although I'm not putting my full CPU usage toward the Einstein project, I hope that the numbers that I do crunch can help to raise the team's standings a bit.

-- Sean

gamer007
09-16-2005, 05:12 AM
Hello SeanHaffner and mitro. Welcome to the team. Glad to see you have joined the E@H team! :wav:

Feel free to join other BOINC projects if you wish. You can see my list of all the projects. Most of them are currently open for accounts, though some may not have work.

Hope you enjoy your time here with us!

vaughan
09-16-2005, 09:44 AM
G'day Sean and welcome to our team. We're glad you chose us. Post if you need any help.

Have fun now, you hear :shock:

mitro
09-16-2005, 11:06 AM
I have SETI running 2/3rds of my capacity, and Einstein running the other 1/3rd.

First of all, WELCOME!!! Secondly, 1/3 is still a significant contribution and I'm sure everyone appreciates it!.

NeoGen
09-16-2005, 01:02 PM
1/3 on Einstein to help us maintain on the top 20, and 2/3 on Seti to push it up some ranks... sounds perfect to me!

Welcome aboard Sean! :)

And if you ever feel like trying out new projects, we got a bundle of them to choose from. Just take your pick. :lol:

Lagu
09-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Hello Sean

I'm glad to se you among us AMDusers. If you ever have a question about projects, hardware or other, feel free to ask us. We will do what we can to be to our help.

Lagu :D

mitro
09-16-2005, 08:59 PM
I got my 3800 X2 today, unfortunately since I need to do some testing, I'll have another rig not crunching for a while.

The good news however is that I've got a really good chip and I should be able to run it at ATLEAST 2.7GHz (thats 2 cores, mind you :) ) so once its proven itself stable at the speeds I want it should start making up some ground :)