PDA

View Full Version : PrimeGrid is back

NeoGen
09-14-2005, 09:11 PM
News
2005-09-14 05:04 GMT PrimeGrid is back
We have finally got back primegrid.com. Big thanks to Cori for that! The project is now back and running.

:D

gamer007
09-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the update. I'll put it up on my project status report list. :)

NeoGen
09-16-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm still feeling lonely up there on top.. :lol: :lol:
Can't anyone put some machines rolling on it and make me company? :P

AquaJoe, have you tried registering again now that primegrid's problems seem to have gone away?

Brucifer
09-20-2005, 02:01 PM
I finally received my key.... only to see the small print that it is for windows only. When is a linux client planned? I could do plenty of linux testing if a linux client was being worked on.

NeoGen
09-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Don't think there will be a linux client soon for PrimeGrid... :-(

But hey, we could use some linux work on XtremLab, which doesn't have windows app so far... at the moment the only one of our team working there is AMDave.

Brucifer
09-21-2005, 05:01 AM
Don't think there will be a linux client soon for PrimeGrid... :-(

But hey, we could use some linux work on XtremLab, which doesn't have windows app so far... at the moment the only one of our team working there is AMDave.

Is there an intent to do a linux client?

As for xtremlab, I just moved my account to the team. Every now and then I put 4 systems on it for the night. Since they don't update their stats very frequently I don't run it very heavy.

AMDave
09-21-2005, 09:00 AM
They updated the stats?
Hey well lookey there.

We're in 8th.

I'm first.
That won't last long with 72CJ5 on the case. :lol:
I only borrow yellow jerseys :roll:

A piece of info for y'all...
ORBIT@Home (BOINC) has finally released a client.
It is a Linux client for x686 GNU only.

Right up your alley 72CJ5, I think.
My FC4 box is polling the server waiting for some work, but there's not much available so I haven't captured a WU so far to be able to provide any feedback yet.

Brucifer
09-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Ah, don't freak yet..... :) Actually I'm working mainly on rosetta and sztaki.

Thank you for the tip though on orbit. I've got an account, but haven't done anything with it yet.