PDA

View Full Version : a socket A board laying around

ahab3333
09-23-2005, 04:48 PM
i was wondering if anyone had a spare socket A board laying around that i could buy. see the deal is that i had a nice gigabyte via 600 board and it started getting flaky a while ago because the cpu was getting far to much voltage and there were random restats and overheating. Last night it kicked the can and started smoking as a chip melted.( i will post a pick some time. ) so now I am really sad and a broke college student and wondering what to do.

i really want a 3800+ but to do that i need a new video card ram and mother board. thats 530 without the video card.

so i was going to wait on that unless anyone wants to fund me, and that leaves me with getting a new socket A board and i still dont know if anything else was fried. i am only going to spend 50-60 on a new one but if anyone can get me one for cheaper please let me know. thanks

daddygeek
09-25-2005, 01:52 AM
Look at Newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=list&SubCategory=22&type=Refurbished

mitro
09-25-2005, 05:52 AM
what about a 939 board with AGP? I have a couple cheap Soltek refurbs that would allow for an X2 (I assume)