PDA

View Full Version : Graphics tablet

Doomeva
09-30-2005, 11:44 PM
I am considering getting one of these

http://www.wacom.com.au/products/intuos3/intuos3_index.html

does anyone have any experience (plus or minus) with these things?

NeoGen
10-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Don't have experience, but I have a question...

Can you play games with it? :D

Seems like it could come in handy on some games where one needs to have a good precision with the mouse pointer... :P

Empty_5oul
10-01-2005, 07:02 PM
dont know if you want to read this but:

i have a http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/product/product-1.asp?pdtno=70 . It is good for a play but seriously i find it much quicker to use a mouse. I have done a few good things on it but for real precision things find a mouse to be better. (PM me for more info).

The pen is good and having two buttons is useful. Also the best feature you gain imo is pressure sensitivity, so i can be drawing an outine or something and make the line thicker and thinner exactly where i want which i have found no other way of creating in FW or PS without drawing multiple lines with different thickness settings.

@ neo - it only works in applications which are created with it in mind e.g. whatever is supplied on the disk. Also many graphics programs and MS office have extra toolbars which can be selected to utalise the tablet. I have never tried it in games but am 99% sure it won't do anything. Also i previosuly mentioned i find better precision on my optical mouse (A4 Tech).

Another userful point is i can write directly onto my desktop with it, so if i think of something i need to do tomorrow or next time i am at the comp it will remind me (obvioulsy doesn't work if you turn the machine off).

Keith75
10-01-2005, 07:56 PM
It should work with Adobe Illustrator. We have a large tablet at work that we bought back in the early 90's. It came with the package we bought including computers software and output devices. I got it out and used it when it was new for fun. Never had it out of the box since. Mainly because none of us are that artistic. LOL It worked great with Adobe Illustrator.

Keith