PDA

View Full Version : DIMES Help

outlawolf
10-17-2005, 06:19 PM
I just join DIMES to give it a try, thought it a nice idea, but i'm running into some problems and the project isn't very good with answers.

When I first installed, everything seemed to be working, except i was getting no ping returns. Since i didn't know exactly how the project worked so i wasnt sure if this was normal, but today i'm getting some different messages.

10/17/05 2:06 PM dimes.scheduler.Scheduler sendReceive
INFO: Exchanging files with server...
10/17/05 2:06 PM dimes.comm2server.ExponentialBackupCommunicator resumeBackup
WARNING: Communication Failed. Backing up 2 Time slots
10/17/05 2:06 PM dimes.comm2server.EsponentialBackupCommunicator sendReceive
WARNING: send trial no.1 failed (dimes.comm2server.TaskBackedOffException) - trying again...
0/17/05 2:06 PM dimes.comm2server.EsponentialBackupCommunicator sendReceive
WARNING: send trial no.2 failed (dimes.comm2server.TaskBackedOffException) - trying again...
10/17/05 2:06 PM dimes.scheduler.Scheduler sendReceive
WARNING: Files exchange stopped - task backing off

After a bit of research i got the blocked status to open up ICMP for measurements, however i'm still not sure if everything working right and the project is just down or if i'm still experiencing a communication blockage somewhere. any help would be apreciated.

FYI: 900 Mhtz AMD Thunderbird
768 MB RAM
ZoneAlarm Pro version 6.0.631.003
Cable Modem with router (NetworkEverywhere)
DIMES version 0.4.2

Update: nevermind guys, its up and workin now.

Empty_5oul
10-18-2005, 04:42 PM
** i see your edit.

it would have been to do with the ports. if you have a router it can be a nightmare.

outlawolf
10-18-2005, 06:23 PM
yeh, it was a pain. Thankfully i have zonealarm installed and it showed me what port DIMES was listening on, just forwarded that port and its workin fine now. :)

Nflight
03-01-2007, 08:11 PM
3/1/07 4:06 PM dimes.comm2server.ExponentialBackupCommunicator resumeBackup
WARNING: Communication Failed. Backing up 4 Time slots
3/1/07 4:06 PM dimes.comm2server.ExponentialBackupCommunicator sendReceive
WARNING: send trial no.1 failed (java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://www.netdimes.org/DIMES/server)
- trying again...
WARNING: send trial no.2 failed (java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://www.netdimes.org/DIMES/server)
- trying again...
WARNING: send trial no.3 failed (java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://www.netdimes.org/DIMES/server)
3/1/07 4:06 PM dimes.scheduler.Scheduler sendReceive
WARNING: Files exchange stopped - task backed off

***I am seeing this over and over in the last couple of days, Anyone else seeing this error as well. That is why My numbers are so low! :sad5: H E L P ***

Gamma^Ray
03-04-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm getting the same error this past week there also, I thought it was due to my upgrade to a 3800x2 as thats when it started for me, But I have heard others having connection errors lately also. They are reporting to be having some server issue's again recently at Dimes, So I hope that is all that it is :)

G^R

NeoGen
03-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Welcome to the forums Gamma^Ray :)

Gamma^Ray
03-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Thanks Abunch NeoGen ! :)

Gamma^Ray
03-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Might check your Dimes Agent again, Mine finially started working after a week. :)

Regards,
G^R

Scooter
03-05-2007, 03:15 PM
I would like to welcome you to the forums also Gamma^Ray

Gamma^Ray
03-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Thanks Scooter, Much appreciated. :)

Nflight
03-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Welcome to the Forums Gamma^Ray, and my Dimes has returned but the details of my stats have not been re-established just yet. :icon_mad:

Of course if your looking at my signature the Whatpulse details are off by a wide margin too, Nothing ever works all the time the way it is supposed to work. That's why most of us are employed to fix the little bugs that appear in the night to frustrate the living hell out of us, and make us earn that paycheck!

Beerknurd
03-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Dimes, must have had some serious issues.... :(

NVM
03-06-2007, 01:22 AM
i think Dimes is a woman and its the end of the month.... *runs*

Lagu
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
i think Dimes is a woman and its the end of the month.... *runs*

Yes a voman isn´t anything rely on:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Gamma^Ray
03-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks NFlight. :) The last update from the dimes team I've seen was this :

Sadly, the servers are down again due to maintenance that is taking too long.

Hopefully we will fix the problems in the coming days.

Thanks for you support and patience!

That was back on March 2nd, My stats haven't been updating either, But thats almost normal at dimes, At least occasionally :icon_lol:

G^R

Steve Lux
03-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Actually Lagu; women are highly reliable. It just depends on what you are expecting, because whatever that was, it's the wrong thing.

Gamma^Ray
03-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Oh well, Spoke too soon as now all I get is the following error: "Missing Whitespace before SYSTEM literal URI. Nested exception" :( Guess the servers still aren't serving much still. :icon_lol:

G^R

Gamma^Ray
03-07-2007, 08:17 PM
I hear that the latest is that they're still having hardware difficulties, some hard drive failures; they hope to have it fixed in the next few days. So it might still be awhile.

G^R

Lagu
03-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Actually Lagu; women are highly reliable. It just depends on what you are expecting, because whatever that was, it's the wrong thing.

Steve Lux. of source I haven´t such bad attitude to womans. They are lovely and nicely and what should we do without them? I lived toghet with one.:icon_wink: :)

Gamma^Ray
03-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Cross your fingers, As Dimes is working again, And updating the stats so far. :)

Nflight
03-09-2007, 12:04 AM
I noticed about 11am that the stats were moving upwards instead of stalled for two weeks, pretty amazing...

NVM
03-09-2007, 12:08 AM
why,yes they are! :)

NVM
03-10-2007, 03:18 PM
looks like they only made that one update a couple days ago. :(

Gamma^Ray
03-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Yea, Everytime you think they have fixed things, It's down again. Oh well, That's the way the hard drive crashes ! :icon_lol:

NVM
03-11-2007, 06:27 PM
it updated again. :icon_mrgreen:

Gamma^Ray
03-12-2007, 01:03 AM
LoL..Don't say it too loud. :)

Nflight
07-16-2007, 01:33 PM
I have a really bizarre problem with Dimes at the moment. I have turned the client.exe off in my task manager on all my systems but, I still have an output which is producing a score everyday! I have un-installed this program on my two systems that I have running. There is no dimes running on any system I own yet, I still have daily movement on my dimes stats.

Is someone running my dimes from there computer just to thoroughly confuse the living daylights out of me? I think I am losing my mind at this point ~! :sad5: :icon_rolleyes:

Ototero
07-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Hey, Nflight, when you go to bed, I log into your machines, run a bit of dimes then switch it off before you get up.

Hope you don't mind :icon_mrgreen::evil6::rofl::icon_rolleyes:

AMDave
07-17-2007, 12:10 AM
I have a really bizarre problem with Dimes at the moment. I have turned the client.exe off in my task manager on all my systems but, I still have an output which is producing a score everyday! I have un-installed this program on my two systems that I have running. There is no dimes running on any system I own yet, I still have daily movement on my dimes stats.

Is someone running my dimes from there computer just to thoroughly confuse the living daylights out of me? I think I am losing my mind at this point ~! :sad5: :icon_rolleyes:

You have had 3 agents installed in total
It is Nflight_Agent_1 (http://stats.free-dc.org/new/hoststats.php?proj=dimes&id=Nflight_Agent_1) that is still running
Isn't that the original install you did?
Did you install it on a machine that you sold?

Nflight
07-17-2007, 01:50 AM
You know actually Beerknurd helped me get going with this project, maybe he is the culprit? :sad5:

Beerknurd
07-17-2007, 02:00 AM
Nope... None of my computers are on...

AMDave
07-17-2007, 02:17 AM
Beer, your install on the laptop started up again 3 days ago.

Nflight, Beerknurd is right.
That client of yours has been going non-stop for at least the last month that I can see.

Check in the Task Manager on each of your machines and look for both "wrapper.exe" and "java.exe". If they are both running and you are not using some other java-based engine like Apache Tomcat or IBM Websphere then that is likely to be that machine that is still running Dimes.

Beerknurd
07-17-2007, 07:41 PM
lol, the wife has the laptop... I guess she doesn't know... :icon_twisted:

Beerknurd
07-17-2007, 07:42 PM
lol, PrimeGrid is going on her laptop too... :lol:

Nflight
07-19-2007, 02:17 AM
Check in the Task Manager on each of your machines and look for both "wrapper.exe" and "java.exe". If they are both running and you are not using some other java-based engine like Apache Tomcat or IBM Websphere then that is likely to be that machine that is still running Dimes.

Thank You = I have resolved that frustration. Even with stopping the client.exe I still had a client running in the background. Java.exe and wrapper.exe were the culprits. Now I have full force of my processors working diligently on the BURP work Units, maybe I can out produce StrongBow now~?

AMDave
07-19-2007, 03:01 AM
Well done.
It won't give you much CPU power back but it will free up that much needed RAM for those work units and that will minimize page-file swapping and that might give you an improved throughput. So it is possible to expect a jump in performance.
Best of luck.:icon_thumright:

Nflight
08-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Seems our Team Effort has dropped off in just the last two days. I too was part of it, our agents have gone idle. A reminder for everyone running Dimes to put there projects back on track you need to restart them.

A little help from the peanut gallery! :blob3:

P.S. I have no clue why this happened... :(