PDA

View Full Version : 100K here I come!

mitro
10-19-2005, 01:30 AM
When I started out on Einstein on 8/11/05 I set out to try and rack up 100,000 credits in 100 days. Well... doing the math I should have it tomorrow (10/19/05) which is 70 days. :) So after tomorrow I can actually shut a couple rigs off for a few minutes at a time for cleaning/maintenance. :P

I'm in the process of trying to reduce the number of computers I have (from 5 to 3) without losing any crunching power. So... I have another X2 on the way to replace one 3000+ and then hopefully another one not too far down the road and try to get rid of my single core A64s and Socket A stuff.

vaughan
10-19-2005, 01:35 AM
Good job.

What's your next target project?

mitro
10-19-2005, 01:40 AM
You guys haven't given me my next assignment yet. :P

I'm sticking with BOINC projects, and I don't want to pull too much power off Einstein because Anandtech will be right on our heels (MacNN is uncatchable... they'll fly by soon). So I dunno... I'd like to keep 1/2 to 2/3 of my power on Einstein, but I'll do something else too.

PoorBoy
10-19-2005, 10:01 PM
When I started out on Einstein on 8/11/05 I set out to try and rack up 100,000 credits in 100 days. Well... doing the math I should have it tomorrow (10/19/05) which is 70 days. :) So after tomorrow I can actually shut a couple rigs off for a few minutes at a time for cleaning/maintenance. :P

Congratulations mitro on reaching that very Impressive 100,000 Mark ... :)

As soon as I can get the Rosetta & Shoft Projects over that Hump I'll have my 8th & 9th BOINC Projects over the 100,000 Mark ... :cool:

NeoGen
10-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Bob... have you ever reached 1,000,000 on any project? Something tells me you have already and are not telling us. :P lol

vaughan
10-19-2005, 10:47 PM
mitro, how about running some Predictor?

mitro
10-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks Bob! :D

On to Predictor I go! :P

mitro
10-20-2005, 02:19 AM
Ooh... little mini-WUs! I'm use to Einstein's monsters... these are a fraction of Seti even. :)

PoorBoy
10-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Done, 100,000 Credits @ both Rosetta & Shoft ... :D Sorry guys about the 100,000 @ Shoft, the Devil made me do it ... :lol: :twisted:

Now back to Rosetta for more fun & games ... :roll:

NeoGen
10-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Sorry guys about the 100,000 @ Shoft, the Devil made me do it ... :lol: :twisted:

Don't worry. It'll be a good incentive for us to press more on shoft and catch you. :P

PoorBoy
10-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Sorry guys about the 100,000 @ Shoft, the Devil made me do it ... :lol: :twisted:

Don't worry. It'll be a good incentive for us to press more on shoft and catch you. :P

It would be a good fight to the end if I wanted to Press the issue ... ;)

The RAC I'm showing there now is less than 1/3 of what I'm capable of if I threw more at it, < Yesterday I put up over 8000 Credits there > but I've grown weary of the Shoft site for now anyway & won't run anymore there unless Pushed to do so ... :twisted:

vaughan
10-22-2005, 12:59 AM
I've backed off on Shoft after I read at Free-DC that it is a commercial project that doesn't (won't?) pay us for our contributions.

My P3 750 is running Predictor now.

mitro
10-22-2005, 01:29 AM
wow.. I had no idea. That brings me to another thought. I was thinking that maybe it would be beneficial for AMD Users to urge its members to drop some projects (like you said, Shoft) or ones where the team is very far down the standings or where Intels have the advantage. Just a thought, I'm half-drunk so discount what I posted if you wish. :P

NeoGen
10-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Shoft is not a commercial project yet. It's a will-be-comercial-someday kind of project that right now is only sending out test wu's to tune the system/estimate computing power available/etc...
When (and if someday) they do have commercial work to do I don't know what will happen. We'll have to wait to see if they pay or not

Nflight
12-25-2005, 12:15 PM
One comment you are making here about profit making end results has me curious. After reading this most of you understand that the Majestic12 Project will be for profit in the long run, will the AMD Users Team effort be rewarded with a 40 Unit Server Rack of Opteron 850's so we may push ahead with our other team projects as a gift for our hard work?

It is a nice idea if someone is going to make a profit from our hard work that maybe they could redeem the efforts of those who pushed so hard for stats achieved above and beyond the normal call of duty!

And even if we did not have the winning Stats at least they understand we encouraged other Teams to get involved just so they could have tried to beat us. This of course is just a thought, maybe others could voice there opinion to this thought? :shock:

Majestic-12
12-25-2005, 07:15 PM
It is a nice idea if someone is going to make a profit from our hard work that maybe they could redeem the efforts of those who pushed so hard for stats achieved above and beyond the normal call of duty!

Indeed it would be unthinkable not to share any possible profits that would not have been possible without contribution from others, and should it (profits) happen then without hesitation they will be shares with those who made them possible pro-rata of their involvement, ie those who contributed more get more. :)

To be clear - there are 0 profits from the project right now - only losses (investments if you like), I doubt there will be profits tomorrow or even in 3-4 months as I view my primary objective as actually building usable search engine that is fast, relevant and up-to-date. Perhaps after that we all can look at how we all can profit from this work, but right now question of "profits" does not cross my mind in the least.

That does not mean that there is no point to support project now - actually those who support project now will benefit most.

There is a more detailed discussion on that here (http://www.majestic12.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1189).

If anybody has any concerns or just agreement then it would be best if you posted this in MJ12 forum for the benefits of all participants.