PDA

View Full Version : Can't send or receive

mitro
10-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Anybody able to get or send Predictor WU's. It figures, I sign up for a project and break it. :P

mitro
10-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Nevermind... I detached and re-attached the project and now its OK. :)

Nflight
12-28-2005, 01:11 AM
December 27, 2005
We have temporarily turned off the counting of workunits and results in various states (in progress, waiting for validation, etc) in order to give the database cleanup process more resources. Until we turn the counts back on, several of the numbers on the server status page will not be up to date.

This comes directly from the Main Page of Boinc ! Sorry folks

:oops: :cry: :shock: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

Nflight
12-29-2005, 03:06 PM
We are now back up and running full speed today!

They are going to plan ahead and each Wednesday have a pause in the project for weekly upgrades and problem solving issues.

If we had known they were going to do this, people who take this so seriously would not be pulling there hair out over why they can't get connected!

These are just my opinions...

NeoGen
12-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Indeed!

People who are dedicated but don't know those details end up quitting the project because they think it has too many flaws/downtimes.

But if it's a planned thing and we know about it, we can reserve some extra days of work to crunch during the downtime. Or even get work from another project.

Well, now we know about it, so we got no excuse anymore. :P

Nflight
12-29-2005, 03:35 PM
NeoGen if you could spread the word across the many different platforms that work Boinc and get the word out, this would inform many to the understanding we have now!
Thanks ahead of time! :)

NeoGen
12-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Can you post a link to where you found that news? I'm searching within the predictor forums but can't find it.

Nflight
12-29-2005, 04:32 PM
NeoGen it was here on the this page, but it has been removed.
It was located Directly under NEWS ( right hand side in Orange Letters)
Directly above the December 27, 2005 dated material.
Unfortunately it has been removed, now!

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/ :-(

Nflight
12-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Holly Cow were down again, This is fishy!

I turned all my computing power back over to SIMAP for best results in our struggle to stay close to the top 10, we are currently in 15th place!

Update Dec 30th, SIMAP continues we are now moving into 12th place. ( This is where I say the lead team has 8 times as many points as we do, anyone else out there with some movers and shakers in there mits we could use your assistance)

I will report as soon as the know how is available, when we are up again! :evil:

Nflight
12-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Well I am sea sick, first we are down and then we are up and now were down again, all this in 18 hours. I have garnered some extra WU's so my machine is chewing them up waiting for a connection back to home base.
I will continue to report my findings.

*** Imagine your in a storm in high seas and the Waves are over 6 feet, When the storm subsides and the waters are calm, we will go about our daily activities the best we can.

Currently I am turning green and I can't stay standing and I am feeling woozy. Someone make this stop, I have to lean over the edge of the boat, see ya! :-(

OK as of 6:45am EST we are up again, oh I feel sick!

Nflight
01-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Ladies and Gentleman, we are up and running once again!

Don't get left out, join in the fun of crunching those WU's.

There is some new news you can find dated January 12, 2006 at this URL: http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/tech_news.php

As I have noted in the past they will be having a Wednesday planned down time, so we should inform everyone in our Team of this, so no one gets upset because a project is down for an extended period of time.

As always I am here chomping away at those distant possibilities of success!

:idea: :arrow: :!: :)

Nflight
02-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Well the Predictor team is having software problems and the Project is down till they can recover the exact problem. Details can be found at this link: http://predictor.scripps.edu/ Look under NEWS on the Right hand side for details.

NeoGen
02-13-2006, 07:20 PM
I guess their scheduled wednesday pitstops didn't give them enough time to fix the problem... :roll:

I hope it doesn't take too long!