PDA

View Full Version : web hosts

Bionic_Redneck
12-15-2003, 05:58 PM
Our webhost right now is L40.net I personally haven't seen any problem with speed but spjeff seems to think they are slow and problematic also I believe the disk space is too small. any ideas or recommendation? presently we our looking at ipower.com and hostfeature.com

vaughan
12-15-2003, 08:34 PM
I don't know either of these. My wife's site is hosted by Server101 and they seem very good.

Jeff
12-15-2003, 09:09 PM
During the last month, l40.net servers have been down for at least a total of 48 hours.

I personally like hostfeature.com It has very many features.
Both seem to be run more professionally that l40.net. Our host's techincal support is very slow and somtimes can be kinda rude. They also have advertised several things and did not offer them until I complained for a very very long time.

I think l40 net was a very good starter server, but, we have grown, not enourmously, but enough to warrant a new host. I have to hose most of our downloads on other servers. Sometimes when I come here the page takes like 15 seconds to generate. That has to do with crappy CPU servers. So, to wrap it up, we need better!

We could upgrade our plan here, but, I am just tired of l40.net.

bwhite
12-15-2003, 10:58 PM
There have been quite a few times when the site has been slow for me. Here is another possiblity to check out, I have had good service from them most of the time over the last several years.

http://nomonthlyfees.com/

Anonymous
12-15-2003, 11:20 PM
webhostingbuzz.com is great