PDA

View Full Version : VPN??

Lagu
10-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Hello

My A64 is now home again after service. The technician has upgraded the processor and it was a very great upgrade. 4.095 Mb and reinstalled the OS. My reseller told me I don’t will download programs using VPN. I don’t know what he was talking about but he said anything about benchmark.
I don’t know if he means programs as stress the processor such Sisoft Sandra and other test programs on the market.
I know, when running Boinc, every project use benchmarking and DNET use benchmarking also. I’m now uncertain and irresolute. I only run Majectic12 and another program. Not any Boinc, no OGR.
Can anyone explain for me what VPN is when it is using. Has it anything with network to do?

Lagu
:?

Jeff
10-26-2005, 07:49 PM
I thought VPN was virtual private network. How the relates to a hardware failure, I don't know.

Sorry!!

:dontknow:

Lagu
10-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I only use a modem and a router who is connected to 3 computers. I can´t think it is wrong or danger.

Lagu ;)

Beerknurd
10-26-2005, 09:46 PM
yea, that doesn't make any sense......

vaughan
10-27-2005, 04:46 AM
Lagu go back to the shop and ask him to explain what he means in more detail. Ask why he warns against VPN. Is he worried about transfer of a virus or some malware/spyware etc from one node on the network that might corrupt your A64 on the same network?

AQUAJOE
10-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Unless you misunderstood. One has nothing to do with the other and he is full of crap.

Lagu
10-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Yes, I hawe though to do that on Monday.

Lagu :)