PDA

View Full Version : how can I get zetagrid client?

NeoGen
10-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I been watching the stats and Zetagrid hasn't moved in a few days, so I thought I'd register and get the client and get some points coming our way... here's what I did...

Went to the site to get the application and it pointed me to IBM Alphaworks website...

Went to IBM Alphaworks website and it demands that I register before being able to download...

I registered on IBM website and clicked to download and got this message...

This product is subject to strict US export control laws. Prior to providing access, we must validate whether you are eligible to receive it under an available US export authorization.
Your request is being reviewed.
Upon completion of this review, you will be contacted if we are able to give access. We apologize for any inconvenience.
(to simply download a file? sheish!!)

Has anyone got a copy of the damn thing that you can send me by email or some other way? :?

NeoGen
10-27-2005, 10:44 PM
It's taken care of. I received an email saying this

Dear Jorge,
Your business with ZetaGrid is very important to us. We are sorry that your
previous transaction with us did not go through. We have fixed this
error in your account. Please return to the ZetaGrid web site to resubmit
your transaction. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
And it also had a link to the ibm site to click and download ZetaGrid.

Now let's see how ZetaGrid works...

vaughan
10-28-2005, 12:59 AM
I was running it as the screensaver recently. If the stats aren't incrementing it could be that my system is off-line for some reason. I'm interstate currently so will kick start it again when I return tonight.

I like the screensaver as it is a nice simple design showing the current time. You can stockpile / cache workunits to a 7 day limit.

NeoGen
10-28-2005, 01:48 AM
After a bit of struggling (wrong choice on installation), I managed to set it running as command line.
I configured it to run the shortest workunits and while the command line is just there minimized, I can see the progress of it on the control center on the system tray.
It seems to be running ok so far and I'm close to sending back my first workunit crunched.

One question though... as does Ubero, does Zetagrid also benefit from that special IBM JRE?

vaughan
10-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Unknown. I had enough trouble d/l and getting the screensaver to work so I haven't fiddled with different JVMs.

carlos
10-28-2005, 11:58 AM
One question though... as does Ubero, does Zetagrid also benefit from that special IBM JRE?

YES.

Carlos

NeoGen
10-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks Carlos.
I won't install it right now, but I'll keep the thought in mind.

And I guess the reason why we haven't been getting points lately at Zetagrid is because their stats are flaky. I've sent back some workunits already and didn't get anything yet. Half of the stats pages don't even load. And also Free-DC's zetagrid stats haven't been updated for almost a week, so it's definetly something wrong over at zetagrid.

I guess we'll just have to wait a while and see...