PDA

View Full Version : where did everyone go we need #1

ahab3333
11-02-2005, 09:01 PM
we lost a lot of power in majestic lately. we will be overtaken soon unless we get some more help.

everyone should run this program so we stay number 1.

Lagu
11-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Yes I think many have stopped runnng it perhaps due to the limit of MB outage . I think it is enough to run it over the night. I myself have problems when I lost my connction. I guess it is my modem as is hanging.

Lagu :cry:

AQUAJOE
11-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Isn't this a key logger progam?

vaughan
11-02-2005, 10:38 PM
It consumes too much of my download limit so I can only run it towards the end of the month when I have some spare.

Lagu
11-02-2005, 10:39 PM
No it is a program for searcing after URL´s on the Internet and crunch them. 10.000 urls is loaded and crunched and you can rapidly come up to 500.000 urls depending of how many computers you use.

Address: http://www.majestic12.co.uk/

Lagu :)

NeoGen
11-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Yep, Majestic-12 is the new project that took over where Grub left off. And is doing great so far! :)

I also have to watch over my bandwidth so Majestic-12 only runs a few hours a day. My limit is 13 Gigabytes/month in uploads+downloads, so I have to keep it under watch or else Majestic-12 would eat up my monthly bandwitdh in less than a week.

bwhite
11-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Isn't this a key logger progam?

No, we are helping to build a search engine. I have added MJ12 to the search bar in firefox and it does a decent job!! :)

It is without a doubt a bandwidth hog :shock: the more you can spare...the better you will do.

Lagu
11-02-2005, 11:26 PM
How have you done that? Have you use a special file and implement it in the search field?

bwhite
11-03-2005, 01:44 AM
How have you done that? Have you use a special file and implement it in the search field?

Nothing special...just go to http://www.majestic12.co.uk/ and in the upper right there is a button to click that says "Add to Search Bar" . If you are using the firefox web browser just click on the button and follow the instructions.

Anonymous
11-03-2005, 03:06 AM
Nedless to say, I use IE

Lagu :cry:

vaughan
11-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Can I use dial-up on MJ12? I'm using lots of cable bandwidth and don't want to exceed my limit. My 56kbps dial-up a/c is unlimited.

What settings do you guys use for Winrar compression and the other options in this application?

I find I have very large files to upload ~16MB using Winrar setting 5 and LZxx whatever it is turned off. I have a backlog of files waiting to upload and error messages about lost connectivity so upload aborted. It likes to d/l heaps of work and the 15 workers crunch through it before the previous upload has cleared.

/Edit Anyone? /edit

Evil-Dragon
11-04-2005, 05:24 PM
MJ12 isn't really dialup friendly due to the amount of data it downloads. You could however create a profile that would only upload while on dialup but generally it's not recommended for crawling on dialup.

At the end of the day if you only do 10,000 urls (1 bucket worth) a day then it is a great help to the project. We are already doing over 24 million collectively and it is more than enough to finish off 700 mln urls in 3-4 weeks.

So don't worry about doing hundreds of thousands of urls, just do what you can, even if it's only 1 bucket a day.

NeoGen
11-05-2005, 07:34 AM
We may not be a team of crunchers with super fast connections, but working all together we can do as much or even better than them.

In the end, all the little bits count. :)

Lagu
11-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Hej

To you as is running MJ-12 and lost your connections:

Open the Administrators tools click on Log the on System
Have you a warning about TCP/IP as is saying: You have reached the limit of allowed TCP/IP level…:

Go to this website: http://www.lvllord.de/

Download the patch and click on it. A CMD-windows appear who ask you if you will change the….yes you can read self.

This should help. I have test it self.

Lagu
11-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Hej

From Alexc, the moderator of Majectis-12

Node supports RAR compression as external archiver in Options->Misc. RAR allows to achieve better compression ratio (13-15% better) than BZ2 and in many cases it runs faster too. In order to enable it you will need to do the following:

2. Enable RAR as external archivers in Options->Misc. Warning: make sure you choose command line version with filename "rar.exe", not "winrar.exe". Make sure you run test!

3. Optional: by default RAR will be invoked with default compression, however if you set "better compression level" in Options->Crawler to 5 or more, then the highest possible RAR's compression level will be used.

Note that while you can control compression ratio it appears that setting it to high value will considerably increase time required to compress the archive without much benefit. It is probably best to keep compression level at 1 as it will provide good enough compression without much wait.[/

Here is a link for downloading of RAR, not WinRAR: http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm

Have fun

Evil-Dragon
11-06-2005, 11:47 AM
If you want the best compression from WinRar then set the "Better compression level" to 9 in Options Crawler.

I find that I get good results at level 9.

Regards
Evil-Dragon