PDA

View Full Version : Monitor your Boinc

NVM
11-11-2005, 09:12 PM
anybody played with BoincView yet? i'm giving it a go,seems to work pretty good so far.

http://members.shaw.ca/northvanmike/big.jpg

NeoGen
11-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Looks cool! :shock:

Can you use it to configure remote boincs (add/suspend/remove projects, set no new work, etc...) or, like the name implies, it is just for viewing?

NVM
11-12-2005, 01:03 AM
you can do all the configuring you mentioned.you can also customize the toolbar selection,to see only the stats you want. and change colors as well.

mitro
11-12-2005, 03:35 AM
I've been using it since I started BOINCing. Its an absolute must if you have 2+ rigs on a network.

PoorBoy
11-12-2005, 09:23 AM
I've tried to use BOINC View off & on but all I can ever get to show up is just the Computer it is installed on. Is there anything I need to do to get all the PC's on my Network to show up ... ???

NeoGen
11-12-2005, 09:39 AM
I think you have to make some change on the boinc configuration file. Something related to allowing remote connections.
One of the first messages that appear when you fire up boinc is

Remote control not allowed; Using loopback address
And the boring part is that you might have to do that change on the configs file on all computers one by one...

PoorBoy
11-12-2005, 10:10 AM
I already have or had a remote_hosts.cfg file in all the BOINC Directories, plus there seems to be a new gui_rpc_auth.cfg file also with the newer Client versions if that has anything to do with it.

Most often I get nothing when I start up BOINC View, on my main Computer that I want to use it on to monitor the rest of the Computers it was working for that Computer. I shut BOINC View off and when I started it back up it won't even read that Computer now, goofy at best I guess ...

PS: I did get BOINC View to finally show all my Computers, but now I'm not really sure I want to use it anyway.

I have a tendency to carry a large Cache on all my Computers (Over 1500 across my PC's right now) & this seems to mess up BOINC View, it wants to hang if I try to view all the Wu's on all the Computers at once. As long as I don't try to do this it works ok though ...

NVM
11-12-2005, 09:08 PM
i've used a lot of monitoring programs but this is the first time i've had to allow sharing(right click on boinc folder,properties),even though its already in a shared area.