PDA

View Full Version : SIMAP Starting Soon!

gamer007
12-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Halifax--lad wrote:
Come on developers & Staff put us out of our miseary and tell us its going to be delayed or please us and say its coming Laughing Laughing

... Cool keep cool, guy's! the project starts next 2 weeks. sorry for the delay, but final tests are running. we are in a good way to release a fail-safe software - it's in your interest to get a trouble-free project-start.

alex

Halifax--lad wrote:
Thanx for the update

thank you for your understanding:

final tests are a measure of minimum/maximum work unit size. We try to pre-estimate quantity of results in relation to the requirements on internet connection. if this turns out satisfactory, project starts (1 - 2 weaks).

alex

Just 1-2 more weeks! :D
Let's be ready and make a SIMAP section. :P

Project site: http://boinc.bio.wzw.tum.de/boincsimap/

NeoGen
12-01-2005, 11:22 AM
It hope this time it really starts! :)

But I'm a bit afraid of it. Rumours have it that the workunits and results files will be huge (several megabytes each) for just a couple hours work.

vaughan
12-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Does SIMAP need a forum section yet?

NeoGen
12-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Hmm.... I guess you could start one.

The project has begun, the problems have started... the complaints will start appearing as soon as more people join in... :lol:

And maybe when their stats decide to start working, hopefully soon, Ototero will have another new project to include in the stats page. :)

All in a boinc's work! :P

vaughan
12-15-2005, 12:44 AM
OK will do.

Odd thing is the XP3000+ took a little over 6 hours whilst the XP3200+ took 7 hours. Maybe I had eOn running some of the time?

LP
12-15-2005, 01:17 AM
I was going to try this one out, but I got an error message that it's missing a zlib1.dll and can't start.

gamer007
12-15-2005, 01:18 AM
I've read that you need to copy "zlib1.dll" from the BOINC folder into the project folder. I believe the project folder is it's URL.

LP
12-15-2005, 01:39 AM
I went ahead and installed the newest version of Boinc, and tried it agian, same error, but it did show a SIMAP folder in the Boinc project files and I copied the zlib1.dll into it, and resumed it. It seems to be working now.