PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the Rosetta crunchers gone??

AQUAJOE
12-02-2005, 01:03 PM
I just noticed our output dropped by half where did everyone switch there computers to?

mitro
12-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Well Bob didn't report any credits yesterday it seems and I unfortunately am one dual-core short at the moment.

daddygeek
12-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm still here, but I'm getting ready to move, and I have been told that my computers are too loud, so I backed off two of the servers. I will try to keep them on as much as I can.

mitro
12-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Well it looks inevitable that we're gonna drop 2 spots very soon. The good news is that after that no one is close. :P We'll just have to regroup and see if we can get a spot back.

NeoGen
12-02-2005, 06:43 PM
US-Distributed has been putting out that kind of daily values because they're on a rally on Rosetta that will last until the end of the year.
My guess is that starting on January they'll drop Rosetta@Home for some other project and their production rates will drop to less than half.

So if we don't let them get away too far, we'll catch them quickly in the beggining of next year.

gamer007
12-02-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm still crunching! But I'll be doing other projects sometimes as well.

shawn_f
12-03-2005, 11:09 AM
I am new here, and my boinc nick is shawn_f. It is unfortunate, but I will be taking my 4cpu dual core offline for a while. I will still use a couple of processors through the evening hours, and still have to add 2 more dual procs...hopefully I will be able to help with an 8 proc xeon...I know, it is not AMD, but will still get some work done for us. It has been great being able to help out, and to continue as well...

Shawn Faulkingham

update -- all I have been working on is rosetta, btw

Ototero
12-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Welcome Shaun,

Xeons on team :shock: , who cares if it's not an AMD ;)

AMDave
12-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Hi.

An 8-way is a rare beast.

PoorBoy
12-03-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm partially back on Rosetta again, as the rest of my PC's finish up with the PrimeGrid WU's I had I'll move them back to Rosetta again too ... This is something I'll have to do off & on to try and protect my Turf @ the PrimeGrid Site ... :cool:

NeoGen
12-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the forums shawn! :)

Don't worry about being Xeon's and not AMD's. We recon that Intels also are very good crunchers, particularly in maths projects. And as our Team description says "Of course you can still join us, because in the end all this is for a good cause." And Rosetta is a good cause :)

Do come around the forums from time to time if you can. There's always plenty going on around here. Have fun!

Anonymous
12-04-2005, 12:29 AM
hi!

i decided to go with rosetta, and with your team.
i crunched seti for the team 2cpu.com for a long time, but i got bored. so here i am :)

NeoGen
12-04-2005, 12:47 AM
Welcome torch!

Rosetta@Home is getting alot of attention from most top teams lately, so we need all the help we can at it to not fall behind too much.
If you'll be coming by the forums every once in a while do consider to register here. Seeing the number of registered members growing is also very cool! (for stats addicts like me anyway... :lol:) Plus that will make you appear on next month's newsletter, as we announce all our new forum members there. :)

Do come by whenever you can, and post if you got any questions/problems. Be it related to distributed computing or not, we can answer (almost) everything.

Have fun! :)

Lagu
12-04-2005, 01:11 AM
To shawn_f and torch!

I wish to say hey and welcome to AMDusers. We are always proud when we got new members as join any of our projects. However, the best of all are when a member join our forums and are saying: Here I´m! It shows your go-head attitude. This is a wery positive qualities. ;)

Again, wery welcome to us.

Lagu :)

vaughan
12-04-2005, 03:43 AM
Welcome guys. :!:

Shawn_f is that you ahead of me in uFluids? Why don't you join our team in it?

torch
12-04-2005, 11:11 AM
thanks for the warm welcome! :oops:

okay, i will not hesitate to ask you anything (and also give answers), as far as my english skills allows me to.. hehe

AMDave
12-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Welcome torch.

Where do you call home?

torch
12-04-2005, 11:45 AM
i live in switzerland.

will add that to my profile shortly :)

Ototero
12-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Nice having you around Torch,

I see only 4 AMD Users out-produced you yesterday. You'll soon rise up from 35th position.

Empty_5oul
12-04-2005, 12:21 PM
welcome to all.

we must be doing something right to kepp getting all these new crunchers! :D

Lagu
12-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Hello!

I will name this phenomen as LUCK

Lagu :D

Anonymous
12-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Welcome both ;) ;)

yngwie_98
12-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Just started Rosetta yesterday, I'm up to 19th already. I also run BOINC SETI for another team, but haven't been able to get any WU the last couple days.

I only run BOINC on my main rig, XP-M 2400+ @ 2.2G. All 4 rigs are Athlon XPs on NF2 mobos. I run Folding on the other 3 rigs.

NeoGen
12-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the Team yngwie_98!

Finally you can post! :)

That's an interesting set of machines you got there. Seti@Home is constantly failing, so we're all used to it already. :P Rosetta on the other hand has been going really strong and stable. If you want a stable project to stick with, that's probably the best one right now (on Boinc at least). If you get bored, we participate on 30+ other projects. Just take your pick :)