PDA

View Full Version : Completing a barrel

vaughan
12-15-2005, 01:00 AM
Is there a way to configure MJ-12 so it completes the current barrel and uploads it without starting on the next barrel?

I'd like to be able to gracefully exit the application instead of having to use the Force Exit function.

NeoGen
12-15-2005, 04:42 AM
You can set the "Pre cache buckets" to zero so that it doesn't go get any more buckets before finishing the ones it has there.
But then I don't know... because after finishing the last one, compressing and uploading, it will probably automatically get another.
Maybe as soon as the upload completes you gotta be fast on the trigger and close it before it has time to get more buckets?

AMDave
12-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Fast on the trigger. :lol: Nice one ;)
He'll be practicing on the playstation all night!

Actually this has been well provided for.

On the Activity tab, select the "Migrate Node" button (bottom right)
This begins a graceful exit allowing the client to complete the remaining work units without accepting any more to be processed.

Lagu
12-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Hello

I use to snooze all uploads and only use the download function. When I plan to stop crawling I activate uploads and stop downloads. When all files are uploaded I shouted the agent down using the exit-commando. As long the download is snooze no workers will crawel.

Lagu :)

Majestic-12
12-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Even if you quit in the middle of barrel archiving its okay - it will be restarted next time you run node, so don't fear you will lose barrel or anything.

There is no actual setting to control time between barrel archiving, I think hard coded setting is something like 10 seconds, but I can create a user-controlled setting for it if necessary.

Lagu
12-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Hello

If you prefer to run as me you can set the upload to start every 10 sec.

Lagu ;)