PDA

View Full Version : New News from SIMAP

LP
12-18-2005, 07:26 PM
December 18, 2005
New client release scheduled: A new BOINCSIMAP will be released on tuesday, 20th. This will fix the problems in release 5.03 caused by dynamically linked zlib1 which is missing.

NeoGen
12-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Let's see if now it starts running at full gas! :)

Nflight
12-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Even if it does work at full speed, I am pretty bummed so far, three work units completed and no credit for them.
This is very dissappointing as I have removed 50% off one machine to run these and no stating if my long hours of crunching have been accepted.

So I ask how many other people are running optimized Bonic Platforms and getting zilch in WU Credits? :-(

LP
12-20-2005, 12:11 PM
You can look in your "results" to see what you've finished and what's pending.

They are asking that you NOT use the Windows optimized version of Boinc to run SIMAP because it throws off the credits.

Besides (as I have already seen) if you run optimized and who ever you're being validated against, doesn't, then you will get the lower credit anyway.

They are supposedly fixing the scoring system so it doesn't use the benchmark to award your credit.

NeoGen
12-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Until the zlib problem gets fully sorted out and all the failed workunits get resent to other people we'll still have pending credit.
But since they've just launched the new 5.04 application that corrects the zlib problem (and hopefully doesn't introduce any new bugs) I think we'll start seeing our pending credits go down in the next few days. :)

Nflight
01-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Unfortunately at this time the project is down, there has been no correspondence to enlighten us workers as to the expected return of the Project.

If anyone out there has found anything out to the missing WU's please post it here so we can remain loyal and informed.

Today is the 5th day of no communication as to the Projects functionality! :cry:

Nflight
03-14-2006, 10:29 PM
As of this writing AMDusers is in 9th place overall for total points of 229,000.

As of the next twentyfour hours the Placement will move to 8th place overall, and our Recent Average Credit is now in 6th place.

Way to go team! :wav: :walk: :greenjumpers:

NeoGen
03-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Progress may be slow and with a few bumps on the way, but if we never quit we'll eventually get to the very top! :D

Keep on going Team!! :D

Nflight
03-28-2006, 10:08 PM
8th Place

We are so near topping 300,000 points I can taste it.

Thank You Chris Cicide, without your heroic effort our we would not be where we are today! Your the Champion and I will acknowledge your leadership as superior if you continue to lead our small group of devoted members.

Thanks Again