PDA

View Full Version : Win64 Eval version

LP
12-19-2005, 07:03 AM
I'm running an eval version of Win64 bit, and I know it's getting close to expiring. Is there any way to know how much time it has left on it?
I don't remember the exact date I installed it.

When it expires, will I get warning, or will it just quit running?

This system runs 24/7 but tends to freeze up ( for yet unknown reasons) and has to be rebooted once in awhile.

NeoGen
12-19-2005, 10:00 AM
This system runs 24/7 but tends to freeze up ( for yet unknown reasons) and has to be rebooted once in awhile.

That's how all windows versions work. It must be the 1st commandment Microsoft gives to their programmers.

"Thou shall not write a windows that needs not rebooting!"

:lol:

Empty_5oul
12-19-2005, 10:17 AM
i had the same. mine will expire during janurary.

i had no problems with mine though, has NEVER locked up or needed rebooting etc - in fact i dont recall ever needing to get up task manager to check for "not responding" programs.

LP
12-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks. I tend to think the freeze ups are hardware related, but I haven't isolated it.

Empty_5oul
12-22-2005, 10:39 AM
mine died earlier today.

you get a message saying " Windows has expired ... ... the machine will shut down in 1 hour".
i thought that was it but this morning it booted up fine, maybe the message will keep coming back? - so people upgrade from the frustrating messages.

I will post any updates.

LP
12-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Ok, thanks. When mine quits, I have SuSe installed on another hd and will just plug it in and go. :)

I see no reason to buy Win64 at this time.