PDA

View Full Version : send an email to the future

NeoGen
12-20-2005, 12:29 PM
In our Yahoo! News on the left, I saw an interesting article about a website that lets us send an email to be received in the future.

http://www.futureme.org/

I sent an email to myself to be received in a year from now, and it really makes one think about it. Imagine you talking to yourself in the future. Took me half hour to write a small email, and basically all I wrote was a small snapshot of how I'm now and advices to my "future me".

I can't imagine how will it be in a year from now to receive an email from myself... it'll be so funny. :lol:

LP
12-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey, you can do that now with Yahoo mail.
Just send it and you don't know if they will receive it today, tomorrow, or a month from now. :lol:

I use a couple Yahoo addy's. One for family things and one for forums, etc. Once in awhile I send something to myself and never know when (or if) I will receive it. :lol:

ben01
01-11-2007, 05:34 PM
LetterMeLater.com (http://www.lettermelater.com) also does this same thing, but you can also send to other people besides yourself. Also you can choose a date and time, and your own email is the return address.

Beerknurd
01-11-2007, 06:05 PM
That would be great for birthdays and such.... I have a horrible memory...

drezha
01-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Spooky...

I could send one now and set it to be recieved later....
Between the two dates I die...and the person gets the shock of there life when they get an email from me :icon_lol:

Beerknurd
01-11-2007, 07:36 PM
:lol:

You could send it and be like... "Heaven is awesome... They even got email up here..." :lol:

Evil-Dragon
01-11-2007, 09:54 PM
This is what i would send:

Hi me, it's me here. How you doing? I'm ok. Just thought i'd send you an email since none of my friends are emailing me at the moment. Oh, btw, i bet your year sucked. Mine did :P

Ototero
01-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I've sent myself one for a year from now. By then I would have forgotten about it, so it will freak me out.