PDA

View Full Version : New version of Dimes 0.4.3 released

vaughan
01-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Netdimes has released a new version. You can get 0.4.2 clients to do an auto-update if you go here:

Login to Auto Update. (https://www.netdimes.org/DIMESControlCenter/ControlCenter.jsp)

Otherwise visit www.netdimes.org and track it down :!:

NeoGen
01-02-2006, 01:21 PM
I've had some problems with the last versions, but I'll give this one a run.

One question though... how can I delete all those agents in the Control Center? At each Dimes instalation I didn't know better so I created a new agent. Now I don't have dimes installed and still a load of agents appear there... :?

NeoGen
01-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Just as I installed and went of for the configuration, the first problem came up.

It looked like it had locked up, but I noticed on the Task Manager that the javaw.exe process priority was set to low. Since I'm running other projects, I guess the javaw didn't have cpu time, so I raised the priority to normal and it began working well.
(After shutting down and restarting, the priority was back to low again, so now I'm searching for a way to set it to start at normal priority)

Another problem was that by default it picked up the wrong network interface. It wasn't connecting to anything and was just raising Firewall alarms. I went in the options and selected the right network interface, restarted, and it's now working well.

vaughan
01-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Hi NeoGen,
My control centre is like that too. Maybe we need to post on their forum and Ohad can help us out.
Vaughan

BlackAdder
01-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Hi Guys, I upgraded Dimes but I'm still getting the same ole "destination host didn't reply" message.This minor upgrade didn't fix this???Is there any way around this problem??

NeoGen
01-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Have you checked inside the options if the right network interface was selected? I had that same problem when I installed it, but then I saw that Dimes selected the wrong one by default. Selecting the right one and restarting got it working.

BlackAdder
01-02-2006, 06:37 PM
I did that and it still gives me the same message. I am going thru a router, what port do I have to open to make this work??

NeoGen
01-02-2006, 07:02 PM
In that case I don't know... I don't have a router.
Can't you see in firewall logs or something similar at what port is javaw trying to connect to?