PDA

View Full Version : battlefield 2 sound probs

Empty_5oul
01-10-2006, 05:30 PM
I am having problems with battlefield 2 and my sound. This is my message to EA, any of you have ideas?? - (sorry this message is the newest reply first so you need to read from the bottom up.)

Customer 10/01/2006 06:59 PM
thanks.
i changed the settings but it made no difference.

I also reinstalled my sound drivers from the motherboard disk again and no difference. Also now with the update for AC-97 from windowsupdate.com it made no difference.

I did however manage to borrow a sound blaster LIVE card and not once in 6 or 7 attempts did the sound stop/die!!!
I'm not entirely sure what that means - however it would seem my onboard sound is incompatable with battlefield 2? Would a dxdiag report from this card with working sound help?

Or possibly you can recommend me a good sound card to buy. My case has front panel audio (in which my headset with mic) plugs in and i have 5.1 surround sound to plug in at the back. So i would need a soundcard which would allow this (and also work whilst playing BF2) - From what i understand if i can plug my front panel straight into the soundcard it will still be primary so work with BF2, is this correct?

EA Response (Landon F.) 09/01/2006 06:17 PM
Hello,

Lets try to use Basic Audio settings and see if thats the issue. Please make sure that you have the 'Audio Renderer' set to 'Software', and 'Sound Quality' to 'Low' or 'Medium', as well as disabling EAX. Once you have this, click 'Apply', and try the game again to see if you still have issues. Thank you for your patience.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Customer 06/01/2006 12:51 AM
thanks for the response.

My machine is custom built, but i have not experienced problems like this any other time than games and even then only from BF2 / BF2:SF (consistantly) and Unreal Tournament (occassionally)

I have checked my motherboard's site and i have the newest updates. My board is an ASRock K7S8XE+ - i reinstalled the sound drivers from the original disk incase they had become corrupt. But no difference, my sound still dies. I have also e-mailed them stating my problem.

Please could you expand on the dxdiag problem. What were you expecting to be reported that was not??
I have attached two reports to this message one straight at boot up when sound was working in microsoft media player. and then onle after loading battlefield2 and sound not working in that or media player. (I cannot seem to remove the original DxDiag the new ones are "sound working" and "sound died").
-------------------------------------------------

EA Response 05/01/2006 06:07 PM
Hello,

I am very sorry for your continued troubles. I would suggest getting your computers motherboard chipset updates as not all of the system information in your DXDiag report is being properly reported. If you have a custom built system I would go to the motherboard manufacturer’s webpage and locate any and all motherboard driver and firmware updates. If you have a standard manufactured computer please go to the respective website (Dell, Compaq, etc). If you have any trouble in locating the drivers please contact the technical support for your computer, or motherboard for further assistance.

Please let me know if you need further assistance, thank you for your patience.
-----------------------------------

Customer 03/01/2006 08:24 PM
Anytime i join a server within the first few seconds of joining my sound will stop and i will hear nothing from the speakers.

Once the sound has gone even once i quit the game there is no sound. To get sound i have to reboot the machine.

I am using default sound from my motherboard (Ac-97)