PDA

View Full Version : Macs with Intel chips

NeoGen
01-11-2006, 02:22 AM
I saw on the left side news that Apple has just presented the new Macs with Intel processors.
I only got two questions...

1. How much will these new macs suffer on mac-optimized projects? :lol: (DNet for example)

2. Could we rig one of these babies with an AMD processor?? :D
(this would imply switching the motherboard too I guess... :?)

Keith75
01-11-2006, 03:28 AM
Why they chose Intel and not AMD is beyone me. Intel is the one with the FSB bottleneck problem just like the G5 chips had.

Keith

vaughan
01-11-2006, 03:43 AM
The AMD FX-60 dual core 2.6GHz has been released too. I cannot comprehend Apple's decision to run with Intel.

Keith75
01-12-2006, 06:50 PM
How do you guys think the Intel Macs will compare speed wise with the G5 machines? The G5s were dual processor and dual core running at 2.7GHz and they had Altivec 128 bit processing which really helped. Do you think they will be able to use a couple of dual core Intels and get the same performance? They would actually need better performance since people wouldn't upgrade unless it was faster. I have seen reporters saying they will be up to 3 times faster with Intel chips.

Keith

Nflight
01-13-2006, 02:14 AM
I think Steve Jobs stuck his foot in his mouth when he went with INTEL instead of AMD, the Apple lovers hate with a passion INtel of any sort!

Why infuriate the masses with everyone elses CPU, go with the underdogs. Personally if they understood that every Intel processor produced must have spy software embedded in it to tell microsoft what people are surfing they would not have asked Intel to produce there chips. This is unless they have got that rule over ridden, of course that would mean that Bill gates does not own the priority of shares like he used too!

As you can see I am not very nice to BG and will really never appreciate his dominant nature! money and power is not everything, Results make the world believe, look at Toyota and the Prius!