PDA

View Full Version : SIMAP is back!

AMD-USR_JL
01-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm a little late but this is what the project said yesterday.

"New client release and new workunits: The new client versions have been released. The Linux client has been compiled using gcc 3.2 which will hopefully solve several compatibility issues. The score thresholds within the clients have been adapted to the values used by FASTA, which increases the performance and decreases the calculation times per workunit by factor 10. The average download and upload traffic is expected to increase, but results should stay smaller than 3..5MB (due to the optimized workunit generation procedure). If you experience any problems again, please discuss them using the prepared threads in our message boards."

I download some fresh WUs and am now crunching.
I just wanted to let you guys know in case you had your SIMAP suspended like me.

Nflight
01-17-2006, 12:21 PM
I gave up hope, Thank You AMD-USR_JL for your observation, I will give all my projects some needed crunching power!

Nflight
02-07-2006, 01:20 AM
I have finally got my machine back and running. I actually got some new WU's from Simap I could not believe my eyes. Fresh off the press there is new work units to do. Wow what a surprise or maybe it is just waiting for 2 weeks for the system to return.

I am back to full strength once again. I am dreaming of a AMD Quad Core at this moment anyone else want to dream a little too? :cool:

NeoGen
02-07-2006, 01:37 AM
I am dreaming of a AMD Quad Core at this moment anyone else want to dream a little too? :cool:

(Homer Simpson) Mmmmmm... Quad Core...

:lol:

AMD-USR_JL
02-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Yea , a quad core and a ps3. The ps3's 7 3.2Ghz ppc cores all crunching at the same time at 2 Teraflops!!!! :toothy7: all for only $500??? I can't wait till september, so i can get my hands on it. I'm going to be saving up all summer. You guys do know you can buy an optional hdd and put linux on it right? :?:

gamer007
02-07-2006, 02:26 AM
I want a quad-core too.... They have Simpsons in Portugal? I'm guessing its dubbed in Portugeuse.

NeoGen
02-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Nah, very rarely anything is dubbed in portuguese. And honestly I like it that way. Dubbings are always crappy.

Nflight
02-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Homer Simpson knows about Quad Core Processors it seems. I am glad we are all dreaming right now, because one of my next purchases when they are available will be Flash HD's.

No more will we have to rely on a physically spinning disk with mechanical mechanisms to faulter. Everything will be electronic, access times will be phenominal and exceed our wildest imaginations. The only physically moving object in the new computers when built will be the Fans if air is used to cool them or the Water pumps when water is circulated to cool the operations.

Someday soon the inventors will find a way to expand the 8 gig limit of Flash Hard Drives so the rest of us who require speed can over come the physical failure that keeps pissing me off.

I want reliability and performance in one package, please I beg you hurry up! Invent Quicker, I can't take it the patience is killing me. :cool:

Ototero
02-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey Nflight,

Solid state hard disks have been around for a while.

Check here for the latest 16Gig incarnation.

http://www.hyperossystems.co.uk/

Nflight
02-07-2006, 12:59 PM
We are off subject here - It is my fault.

Until the Flash Hard Drive is upto the current large numbers that I see for physical drives the 16gig maximum is not enough in the eyes of the rest of us waiting in the wings for an 80 gig HDD.

When they get there the HDD makers will be out of a job! Onto new and better things for those folks. :cool:

Nflight
02-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Back to subject.. We have a new member who has appeared from nowhere and is now in Second Place.

Please Welcome (( Falcon ))=> Applause

He has not belonged to a team before and seems to have found a new home with AMD users. :D

On other news my Mundayweb stats signature gizmo is as slow as molassas in January! :cry:

Lagu
02-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Hej Nflight

Good news you are coming with. This guy reminds of me. I always run alone but when I discovered there was a AMD team I joined because I have 2 AMD computers and here I’m.

Yes, welcome you happy guy and good luck crunching for us. You are always welcome join our forums and say HI!

Lagu ;) :D

Nflight
02-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Simap now has another new member as Reaper13 has just joined and with that he is rising quickly. Another good effort is developing with full charging new members who are making great strides for themselves and the AMDuser's Team Effort as well.

Welcome aboard Reaper13 :)

And Thank You Very Much

Lagu
02-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Hej

Yes another good news. Welcome Repert13. Good luck crunching for yourselve and our team.

Lagu :D

Nflight
02-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Well the best news is our fearless leader is unwavering at this time. Chris Icide continues to lead the field of AMD Crunchers with a few of us coming up on his six. Myself and Reaper13 are pushing everyday for more, so is everyone else on our team.

Speaking of team effort in the recent week we have garnred 6 new Team members and each one is crunching like there is a storm brewing. We have since gained so much on the Teams above us that we should in the next few days, pass L'Alliance Francophone and Nordlichter with ease.

In fact with mine and Reaper13's effort we have now pushed our RAC Team effort closer to the #9 position.

Only thing that must be told is the fact that Pending Credit (PC) is terribly slow, I am still near %50 of my total in PC. This delay may make some new crunchers leary of participating. Please be patient it all works out in the end. I promise ! ! :D

Nflight
02-20-2006, 04:09 AM
We have succeeded in getting the 10th position.

In the next few days if everything keeps up at this pace we will have 9th place locked in.

Looking to the future we will have to work pretty hard to get to 8th place but nothing is ever out of grasp when you have good competition.

Falcon you are just zooming past me, I wish you would correspond in the forums.