PDA

View Full Version : Your profession and hobbies?

em99010pepe
01-18-2004, 05:11 PM
I'm a student. At the moment I'm in the 4th year of Mechanical Engineering at University of Oporto, Portugal.

NeoGen
01-18-2004, 08:07 PM
That makes two of us. :)
I'm in the 2nd year of IT Engineering at the Polythecnical Institute of Setúbal (Portugal).

jlangner
01-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Hobbies - pc gaming, upgrading my pc (lol), weather, internet, DVD movies.

Bionic_Redneck
01-19-2004, 01:38 AM
Tree trimmer by trade. Hobbies: Distributed Computing and playing with linux.

vaughan
01-19-2004, 04:00 AM
Hobbies: Distributed Computing and cars. See my latest at www.fordxr6turbo.com or navigate to the virtual showroom at www.ford.com.au

Jeff
01-19-2004, 01:34 PM
17 years old. High school student. Going to Austin Peay State University in the fall to major in computer science. Hobbies: DCing and cars!

em99010pepe
01-19-2004, 02:48 PM
I forgot to tell you guys but I am 23 years old. Hobbies: starting with Distributed Computing, reading, playing computer and riding bicycles.

Keith75
01-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Trade: Printer running press at family shop.
Hobbies: Running Dozers, Tinkering with computers and gaming, Science Fiction, Power Upgrades on Diesel Engines

I am 28.

shnal
01-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Hi guys, I was a student until 2002 when I got my higher national diploma in Software Engineering. I now work in Computer aided design/manufacturing making amusement machines for companies like SEGA, JPM, Electrocoin etc. I also do some web development work for my father's company.

I'm 22, hobbies: PC games, weight training, DC (of course), and trying... to keep up with the new development languages and technologies! :twisted:

Jeff
01-20-2004, 04:13 AM
Well, I liked my car until after I went outside and noticed this...
http://www.cheapdiablostuff.com/car.JPG

They took my cd player, my amp, my 2 subwoofers, my eyeglasses and my cds. I have 60/40 split folding rear seats. The amp was on the 60 portion, so they decided to take my 60 portion of my leather seats. 800 bucks just for the seat.

Bionic_Redneck
01-20-2004, 05:30 AM
I bet it was someone you know that has a grudge against you. The reason I say that is why else would they bother with the eyeglass or seat.

TA_Super_10
01-20-2004, 07:56 AM
23 years old going to Marshall University, Spent 4 years in Accounting and got sick of it now i have finnised almost 2 years in Computer science in software development. I like to hunt, fish, ride ATV and like anything and everything about a computer.

Daphyl
02-18-2004, 05:15 AM
My age scares me! Suffice it to say I've got kids older then most of ya'll. As you can see from the language, I'm from Texas. I love computers (as long as they work!). I work for one of the largest energy producing and transmission companies in Nort America, and I do what's called desktop support. In Houston we have about 1500 people and it's my job (as well as five other people) to make sure they're not down from software and/or hardware problems.
A word of caution... For 16 years I was a master plumber doing commercial construction (mostly hospitals and schools), but I got tired of always buring up in the heat or freezing in the cold. So I changed careers and after a year of electronics at a local Jr. college, I went to work for Compaq. At the time my favorite hobby was computers. What I discovered was that you can quickly ruin a good hobby by deciding to make a living from it. I've never looked at computers the same way since. The wonder and awe that I used to feel when I cracked open a case has been replaced by disgust at all the dust and lint that so quickly collects in them. Sorry, I just wanted to tell everyone what I do, I didn't mean to ramble on so. But I still love computers!

David

numibesi
02-18-2004, 10:08 PM
That makes two of us. :)
I'm in the 2nd year of IT Engineering at the Polythecnical Institute of Setúbal (Portugal).

That makes 3 of us, i'm also at Mechanical Eng of Production at IPS - Polythecnical Institute of Setúbal (Portugal), 2nd year :shock:

I'm 23 and i love computers programming, DC, genetic science welll everyting that has to do with the human body and his interactions.... :)

AngelsLoser
02-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Well, I'm just 16 so I'm still in High School. I live in England but go to school on an American Air Force base. My hobbies include playing soccer, programming (games, software, web pages, everything), networking (CISCO certification soon), DC, messing around with computer, and hanging out with all my friends (my favorite thing to do).