PDA

View Full Version : VMWare

NVM
01-25-2006, 04:57 AM
i'm running VMWare on one of my WinXP machines and have got four instances of Windows 2000 with Dimes running on it. anybody else here doing this? i'd appreciate any info regarding memory allocations, swap size settings,maximum amount of instances i can run, etc.

vaughan
01-25-2006, 05:10 AM
I've been interested in this approach to being able to spawn multiple machines so I can increase my Dimes output too. However, I have not bothered as I figured the cost was excessive. Money for VMWare Workstation plus a WinXP license for each sub-machine.

NVM
01-25-2006, 01:35 PM
use Linux then. the VM software i'm using is a 30 trial. and, i just discovered VMPlayer is free, so once my VMWare expires, i'll switch to that instead.

NeoGen
01-26-2006, 07:06 PM
I played around with a similar program too last year, Connectix Virtual PC (later aquired by Microsoft).

It was fun to work with it, and toy around with the virtual machines and stuff, but my only drawback was the RAM. I only have 512 Mb in my machine, and that's barely enough to keep winXP running well, let alone have virtual machines running too. :-(