PDA

View Full Version : Site update

vaughan
01-20-2004, 02:37 AM
I'd like to publicly thank Shnal for updating the Real Time Stats.

Jeff
01-20-2004, 03:22 AM
Me too, thanks Shnal. They really look great. You've done a great job. I wish we could do something for ya.

jlangner
01-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Yes, looks great!

shnal
01-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Thanks guys. It's no problem really. I'd do more but have a full schedule! I'm quietly running seti at the moment and haven't looked at any new projects for a while, but I'm still very much interested in DC and this team of course.

One thing I would like to see - Some official team goals for us to work towards, then as we achieve them we could make a log for all to see.

Perhaps we could have some scrolling text on the home page telling everybody which project is high priority, like we had at the message board at amerak.com.

Anyways keep it up guys :D

Bionic_Redneck
01-22-2004, 12:15 AM
thats a good idea is there any other way to do that without using the marquee tag? marquee isn't supported in some browsers so maybe javascript would work.

shnal
01-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Well it doesnt have to be scrolling text, perhaps just have a frame with "High Priority" as title. then inside a picture to show which project it is. That would be pretty easy to update.

Anonymous
01-22-2004, 05:03 PM
We could add a block, similair to slashdot, whos online, etc. We could then use an image to show what our high priority project is.

Bionic_Redneck
01-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Ok made a block now we just need to know what our goals are going to be. I think replacing the welcome block with the goals block and make it bigger is the way to go. Right now seem kind of small when you mouse over the block it pauses it

Anonymous
01-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Thats good. I was wondering, can you scroll images also? Perhaps then we could make an image for each project and have the relevant image in there. Perhaps not, just an idea.

Bionic_Redneck
01-25-2004, 05:00 PM
yea we can use images also. I was thinking about that and then I noticed not all projects have image logos or atleast not good ones. Not being crazy about doing image editing for every project it would be helpful to know what our priority projects are and which goals we have. last thing I remember it was d2ol. I see we are behind in math so maybe that should be our focus

Bionic_Redneck
01-27-2004, 08:10 AM
I added a amdusers sidebar to front page it lists last posted news and new downloads should work with mozilla, netscape, and opera.

vaughan
02-25-2004, 06:10 AM
I've updated the link under Alternative Stats to Bok's EON stats from US-Distributed to Open-DC. I also changed Muon stat's description from DNAR to SlipStream to get the attribution correct. I've added UD-Germany's 3rd party TSC stats link.