PDA

View Full Version : what happened to boitho?

NeoGen
01-29-2006, 07:44 PM
It's been several days that I connect the client and get nothing.
The graphs and stats at the site also show zero activity.

Anyone knows what happened?

Anonymous
02-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi

We did experience all sorts off problems, that just congest up.

The server used for disturbing urls has two 140 gb SCSI in raid 1 (mirriring). On has fallen out of the raid, and making disk io go extremely slow, for some unknown reason.

We did also run out off storage. Had ordered more, but did get some wring parts, and every ting just did take more time then we had expected.

On top of this we did get some disk corruption on the url server. We was in the middle of moving the servers to new locations, and had some important meetings to prepare for, sow we just hadn’t the time to look at this.

The god news is that everything will be back up and working later to day. We also have got 2 TB more of storage, and have secured some financing :) .

runarb
02-09-2006, 07:18 PM
hum, I could swear I was logged in when I wrote that post.

I presumable believed I was logged inn since I was allowed to post, but wasn’t. That anonymous users can post is confusing me to forget to logg inn .

Well, for the record, the “Guest” post about Boitho problems was postet by me. Maybe the admin can change the owner or something.

NeoGen
02-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Ah... thanks runarb! :)

I was getting worried something had happened to the project.
I'll be keeping my client alert to see if I catch some links soon.

vaughan
02-09-2006, 10:13 PM
I tried it yesterday NeoGen and had the same issues you reported. Glad to see runarb is getting the hardware problems sorted.