PDA

View Full Version : MS05-046

Lagu
02-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Hej

My antivirus-program has used to frequency pop up a window on the monitor telling me there is a vulnerability in the XP system. The code is MS05-046. The Knowledge Base Article number is KB899589. I get tired of this window and began to search through Goggle after this code and got a hit. What is this? And should I use it? I was unsure but I downloaded the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.0 (MBSA). I let it run on my computer and get a list of security reports. KB899589 should follow with SP2 but of any cause this file has been missed.

The Analyzer needs not a reboot. You can download it yet if you want to know how secure your computer is.

So I downloaded this file KB899589 and update the XP system. You as are running XP Pro can check if you have this KB. Warning: if you download the file you must shout down all tasks and clients and all open programs. Reboot your computer to let it take effect.I don’t know if you guys have this issue but here is an overview to read:

Overview
A security issue has been identified in the Client Service for NetWare that could allow an attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it, if you have installed this service. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Lagu :)